1. Which one of the following describes stratified sampling?
- Data divided into characteristics of choice i.e. Every blue flower
- Data with consistent increments i.e. every 10 metres
- All data has the same possibility of being chosen
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the formula for Identifying the Hydraulic Radius/HR?
- HR = Cross Sectional Area/Wetted Perimeter
- HR = Wetted Area X Cross Sectional Area X 3.147/Pi
- HR = Cross sectional Area X Wetted perimeter
- HR = Wetted Perimeter/Cross Sectional Area
3. What secondary data was sought out during the fieldwork?
- Geographical textbooks; to identify theory behind the results of the fieldwork
- Previous fieldwork data; to plot scattergraphs to show impact of river over time
- Google maps; to show visual images of sections of the river that we didn't look at
- Webpages; to identify whether any chemicals were present in the river
4. What conclusion can be drawn if the 90% confidence level is not greater than the spearmans rank value?
- All of the above
- The initial hypothesis can be accepted
- A null hypothesis must be accepted
- The results are of greater confidence than 90%
5. Which one of these is not a true aspect of the Bradshaw model?
- Gradient decreases as you go downstream
- Channel width decreases as you go downstream
- Velocity and discharge increase as you go downstream
- Particle size decreases as you go downstream