1. what is the use of the ALU
- controls the data bus to regulate its network
- decodes data before executed
- where arithmetic and logic problems are performed
- commands the entire CPU
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. what does MAR stand for?
- minor address register
- memory address register
- main Arithmetic register
- major address register
3. what is the use of the mbr?
- buffers data coming from external networks
- where data is decoded before execution
- to temporarily store data whilst it's waiting to be processed
- buffers data depending on internet speed
4. what does the program counter store?
- the next instruction
- the address of the next instruction
- the current instruction in the processor
- the number of instructions completed
5. In the fetch part of FDE cycle what bus does it use to collect data from the memory?
- instruction bus
- address bus
- data bus
- control bus