1. what is the use of the ALU
- commands the entire CPU
- controls the data bus to regulate its network
- where arithmetic and logic problems are performed
- decodes data before executed
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the MAR do?
- holds the memory location of data
- volatile memory
- stores data under this register in the memory
- buffers memory in the processor waiting to be executed
3. what does the program counter store?
- the address of the next instruction
- the next instruction
- the number of instructions completed
- the current instruction in the processor
4. what is the use of the mbr?
- buffers data coming from external networks
- where data is decoded before execution
- to temporarily store data whilst it's waiting to be processed
- buffers data depending on internet speed
5. what does MAR stand for?
- major address register
- memory address register
- minor address register
- main Arithmetic register