1. what is the use of the ALU
- commands the entire CPU
- controls the data bus to regulate its network
- where arithmetic and logic problems are performed
- decodes data before executed
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the MAR do?
- buffers memory in the processor waiting to be executed
- holds the memory location of data
- stores data under this register in the memory
- volatile memory
3. what is the use of the mbr?
- buffers data coming from external networks
- to temporarily store data whilst it's waiting to be processed
- buffers data depending on internet speed
- where data is decoded before execution
4. what does the program counter store?
- the next instruction
- the number of instructions completed
- the address of the next instruction
- the current instruction in the processor
5. what is the key difference between von Neumann and Harvard architecture?
- Harvard uses two seperate buses for data and instructions
- von neumann uses control buses
- von Neumman uses intel processors whilst Harvard use AMD
- Harvard decodes the data in the main memory