1. What does the MAR do?
- buffers memory in the processor waiting to be executed
- volatile memory
- holds the memory location of data
- stores data under this register in the memory
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. what does the program counter store?
- the next instruction
- the address of the next instruction
- the current instruction in the processor
- the number of instructions completed
3. what does MAR stand for?
- major address register
- main Arithmetic register
- memory address register
- minor address register
4. In the fetch part of FDE cycle what bus does it use to collect data from the memory?
- address bus
- control bus
- data bus
- instruction bus
5. what is the use of the mbr?
- buffers data coming from external networks
- where data is decoded before execution
- to temporarily store data whilst it's waiting to be processed
- buffers data depending on internet speed