1. What does the MAR do?
- volatile memory
- holds the memory location of data
- buffers memory in the processor waiting to be executed
- stores data under this register in the memory
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. what does MAR stand for?
- memory address register
- major address register
- main Arithmetic register
- minor address register
3. In the fetch part of FDE cycle what bus does it use to collect data from the memory?
- address bus
- control bus
- data bus
- instruction bus
4. what is the use of the ALU
- commands the entire CPU
- where arithmetic and logic problems are performed
- decodes data before executed
- controls the data bus to regulate its network
5. what is the key difference between von Neumann and Harvard architecture?
- von Neumman uses intel processors whilst Harvard use AMD
- Harvard decodes the data in the main memory
- Harvard uses two seperate buses for data and instructions
- von neumann uses control buses