1. Who notes that violence is more likely in India when Muslim minorities were not electorally valuable for Hindu majorities?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does Bermeo argue that institutions are important in the success of peace preservation in federal systems?
- they provide more layers of government and thus more settings for peaceful bargaining
- they keep the military at bay
3. Who finds that federal regimes generally do better than unitary regimes in accommodating ethnic armed rebellion, minority discrimination and grievances?
4. Which of the following is not a factor in the success of failure to peace preserve in a federal country?
- exclusion from government
- presence of religious sectors
- interregional inequality
- regionally concentrated ethnic groups
5. Which of the following is not an example of a country with a core ethnofederal region?
- French bloc in Canada
- Serb Republic in Yugoslavia (42% against 20% Croat population)
- Russian Republic in the USSR
- Hausu-Fulani group (55% of pop) in Nigerian First Republic