1. What example does Brancati give to demonstrate how regional parties bolster secessionism?
- The Northern League in Italy (Padania)
- South Tyrolean Peoples' party
- The Scottish National Party
- Bloc Quebecois
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Since 1945, ethnic conflict has played a major role in x% of all wars, turned over y million people into refugees and caused z million deaths.
- 50, 12, 11
- 40, 13, 14
3. Which of the following is not an example of a country with a core ethnofederal region?
- French bloc in Canada
- Russian Republic in the USSR
- Hausu-Fulani group (55% of pop) in Nigerian First Republic
- Serb Republic in Yugoslavia (42% against 20% Croat population)
4. Who estimates that they assimilation of ethnic groups requires between 300 and 700 years?
5. What is the overall effect of federalism on suppressing conflict?
- positive but undermined by growth of regional parties