1. Which two countries have the greatest levels of peace without foreign military intervention due to their establishment of consociational power sharing arrangements?
- The Netherlands and Madagascar
- Belgium and Tanzania
- Luxembourg and Niger
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the overall effect of federalism on suppressing conflict?
- positive but undermined by growth of regional parties
3. Who finds that federal regimes generally do better than unitary regimes in accommodating ethnic armed rebellion, minority discrimination and grievances?
4. What example does Brancati give to demonstrate how regional parties bolster secessionism?
- The Northern League in Italy (Padania)
- The Scottish National Party
- Bloc Quebecois
- South Tyrolean Peoples' party
5. Which is not one of the three countries Stepan says will never become stable democracies without 'workable federal systems' due to high levels of ethnic and linguistic diversity?