- Created by: Emily Lunnon
- Created on: 20-04-15 13:25
1. Since 1945, ethnic conflict has played a major role in x% of all wars, turned over y million people into refugees and caused z million deaths.
- 50, 12, 11
- 40, 13, 14
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Wibbels finds that federal economies in developing systems fair worse than their unitary counterparts, increasing the budget deficits by what percent of expenditure?
3. Who finds that federal regimes generally do better than unitary regimes in accommodating ethnic armed rebellion, minority discrimination and grievances?
4. Which of the following is not an example of a country with a core ethnofederal region?
- Serb Republic in Yugoslavia (42% against 20% Croat population)
- Russian Republic in the USSR
- French bloc in Canada
- Hausu-Fulani group (55% of pop) in Nigerian First Republic
5. Why does Bermeo argue that institutions are important in the success of peace preservation in federal systems?
- they provide more layers of government and thus more settings for peaceful bargaining
- they keep the military at bay