1. Who finds that the race to the bottom in federal systems is not found in undercutting other states but rather in a failure to adjust for inflation unless other states do the same?
- Bakke and Wibbels
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the overall effect of federalism on suppressing conflict?
- positive but undermined by growth of regional parties
3. Which of the following is not a reason why core ethnic regions make a state more susceptible to collapse?
- the collective imagining of a core-group nation state
- dual power stations
- lack of equal distribution of wealth amongst communities
- reduction in the capacity of central government to credibly commit to the protection of ethnic minority groups
4. What is the intermediate factor between decentralization and its effect on ethnic conflict and secessionism?
- social exclusion
- the growth of regional parties
- social isolation
5. To who does the theory of Imagined Communities belong?