1. Which two countries have the greatest levels of peace without foreign military intervention due to their establishment of consociational power sharing arrangements?
- Belgium and Tanzania
- Luxembourg and Niger
- The Netherlands and Madagascar
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that ethnofederal states are more likely to collapse when they contain a core ethnic region?
3. Who says that federalism is more like a marble cake than a layer cake?
4. Which is not one of the three countries Stepan says will never become stable democracies without 'workable federal systems' due to high levels of ethnic and linguistic diversity?
5. Which of the following is not one of Riker's conditions for federalism?
- each level of government has at least one area of action in which is is autonomous
- there is some guarantee of autonomy in its own sphere
- states have a veto over central government powers
- two levels of government that rule the same land and people