1. Who says that 'federalism is chiefly a property of constitutions not societies'?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is not one of the three countries Stepan says will never become stable democracies without 'workable federal systems' due to high levels of ethnic and linguistic diversity?
3. Which of the following is not one of Riker's conditions for federalism?
- there is some guarantee of autonomy in its own sphere
- two levels of government that rule the same land and people
- states have a veto over central government powers
- each level of government has at least one area of action in which is is autonomous
4. What is the definition of a core ethnofederal region?
- contains either an outright majority of the population or makes up 20% more of the population than the second largest region
- higher density of one ethnic group than all other regions
5. What example does Brancati give to demonstrate how regional parties bolster secessionism?
- Bloc Quebecois
- South Tyrolean Peoples' party
- The Northern League in Italy (Padania)
- The Scottish National Party