1. Which group are given by Bakke and Wibbels as an example of a minority seeking more power due to redistributive concerns?
- Punjabi Sikhs in the 1970s and 1980s
- Scottish minority in UK in 2014
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that federalism is more like a marble cake than a layer cake?
3. Which two countries have the greatest levels of peace without foreign military intervention due to their establishment of consociational power sharing arrangements?
- Belgium and Tanzania
- Luxembourg and Niger
- The Netherlands and Madagascar
4. Who finds that the race to the bottom in federal systems is not found in undercutting other states but rather in a failure to adjust for inflation unless other states do the same?
- Bakke and Wibbels
5. Wibbels finds that federal economies in developing systems fair worse than their unitary counterparts, increasing the budget deficits by what percent of expenditure?