1. The shape of the Earth's orbit around the Sun varies from nearly circular to elliptical and back to circular every...
- 95000 years
- 41000 years
- 10000 years
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. It has been predicted that a 1% change in solar output could make the temperature rise/ fall by between...
- 0.5-1 oC
- 1-2 oC
3. What happened after the Mountain Tambora erupt?
- It was unusually cold over much of the world with Europe having heavy snowfalls+ frost throughout the summer
- It was unusually hot the following year, with Europe having a hot summer
4. Volcanic eruptions release large amounts of... into the atmosphere which acts as a cloak+ reduce the amount of radiation reaching the Earth's surface
- Carbon dioxide+ sulphur dioxide
- Sulphur dioxide+ ash
- Nitrous oxides+ ash
5. When the Earth's orbit is circular, ... periods occur
- Cold, glacial