1. What is meant by the strength of an acid?
- Its volume
- Its ability to dissociate in solution
- Its concentration
- Its pKa value
- Its Ka value
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is the value of Kc calculated in an equilibrium?
- Amount in moles of products / amount in moles of reactants
- Concentration of reactants / concentration of products ([A]a [B]b / [D]d [C]c)
- Concentration of products / concentration of reactants ([D]d [C]c / [A]a [B]b)
- Concentration of reactants X concentration of products
- Amount in moles of reactants / amount in moles of products
3. What is a ligand?
- An ion that donates a lone pair of electrons to a metal ion to form a coordinate/dative covalent bond
- A molecule containing both an amine and a carboxylic acid group
- A transition metal that has various oxidation states
4. Which of these is not a property of a transition element?
- Can commonly form both negative and positive ions
- Various oxidation states
- Forms colourful compounds
- Can form complex ions
5. How is the rate constant, k, calculated?
- Concentration of all reactants / initial rate
- Rate equation X initial rate
- Rate equation / initial rate
- Initial rate / rate equation
- (Initial rate / rate equation) X 100