1. Which of these is not a property of a transition element?
- Can form complex ions
- Forms colourful compounds
- Can commonly form both negative and positive ions
- Various oxidation states
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. [Ni(H2O)6]2+ + 6NH3 --> [Ni(NH3)6]2+ + 6H2O is an example of what type of reaction?
- Redox reaction
- Ligand substitution
- Electrophilic substitution
- Neutralisation reaction
- Precipitation reaction
3. How is the value of Kc calculated in an equilibrium?
- Concentration of reactants X concentration of products
- Amount in moles of products / amount in moles of reactants
- Concentration of products / concentration of reactants ([D]d [C]c / [A]a [B]b)
- Concentration of reactants / concentration of products ([A]a [B]b / [D]d [C]c)
- Amount in moles of reactants / amount in moles of products
4. What is a d-block element?
- An element where 'd' is the highest energy subshell
- An element that forms ions with a partially full d-subshell
- Any substance that accepts a proton
- An element that forms negative ions
- Any substance that donates a proton
5. What is meant by the strength of an acid?
- Its pKa value
- Its ability to dissociate in solution
- Its Ka value
- Its volume
- Its concentration