1. What is a ligand?
- A transition metal that has various oxidation states
- An ion that donates a lone pair of electrons to a metal ion to form a coordinate/dative covalent bond
- A molecule containing both an amine and a carboxylic acid group
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is the value of Kc calculated in an equilibrium?
- Concentration of products / concentration of reactants ([D]d [C]c / [A]a [B]b)
- Amount in moles of products / amount in moles of reactants
- Concentration of reactants / concentration of products ([A]a [B]b / [D]d [C]c)
- Concentration of reactants X concentration of products
- Amount in moles of reactants / amount in moles of products
3. Which of these is not a property of a transition element?
- Forms colourful compounds
- Can form complex ions
- Can commonly form both negative and positive ions
- Various oxidation states
4. What is a d-block element?
- Any substance that donates a proton
- An element that forms negative ions
- An element where 'd' is the highest energy subshell
- Any substance that accepts a proton
- An element that forms ions with a partially full d-subshell
5. What is meant by the strength of an acid?
- Its ability to dissociate in solution
- Its Ka value
- Its concentration
- Its pKa value
- Its volume