1. Which of these is not a property of a transition element?
- Various oxidation states
- Forms colourful compounds
- Can commonly form both negative and positive ions
- Can form complex ions
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. [Ni(H2O)6]2+ + 6NH3 --> [Ni(NH3)6]2+ + 6H2O is an example of what type of reaction?
- Neutralisation reaction
- Ligand substitution
- Precipitation reaction
- Redox reaction
- Electrophilic substitution
3. How is the rate constant, k, calculated?
- (Initial rate / rate equation) X 100
- Rate equation X initial rate
- Concentration of all reactants / initial rate
- Initial rate / rate equation
- Rate equation / initial rate
4. How is the value of Kc calculated in an equilibrium?
- Concentration of reactants X concentration of products
- Amount in moles of products / amount in moles of reactants
- Concentration of products / concentration of reactants ([D]d [C]c / [A]a [B]b)
- Concentration of reactants / concentration of products ([A]a [B]b / [D]d [C]c)
- Amount in moles of reactants / amount in moles of products
5. What is a d-block element?
- Any substance that accepts a proton
- Any substance that donates a proton
- An element that forms ions with a partially full d-subshell
- An element where 'd' is the highest energy subshell
- An element that forms negative ions