1. Define the term 'disease'.
- A departure from good health , a malfunction of the body / mind
- An illness that causes symptoms on the body
- A micro-organism that affects a host by damaging it
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is excess salt bad for cardiovascular health?
- Blood WP decreases as more water is stored, causing a rise in blood pressure and potential damage to small arteries.
- Blood WP increases so the blood is able to flow quicker causing damage to the inside linings of arteries
- Blood WP decreases so blood is less runny causing oxygen starvation in cells as blood cannot flow as well
3. Name the 3 stages in selective breeding.
- Isolation , Artificial selection , Inbreeding / line breeding
- Isolation, natural selection , inbreeding / line breeding
- Isolation , artificial selection , natural production
4. how do viruses work?
- They invade cells and take over the genetics, cause the cell to make new copies of the virus which are then released
- They invade cells and destroy the contents. they then reproduce inside
- They invade cells and cause it to divide rapidly causing a mutation - the cell then triggers an immune response
5. What are the two types of lipoproteins made of?
- Lipids, proteins, starch and salts
- Lipids , proteins and cholesterol
- Lipids , glucose , proteins and starch
Similar Biology resources: