1. Excess energy intake will result in what?
- Weight loss
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the term 'balanced diet' ?
- a diet that contains all the nutrients required for good health - in appropriate portions
- a diet that contains higher quantities of fruit & veg and proteins and cuts out fats and dairy
- a diet that is based on carbohydrates to gain energy
3. Why is excess salt bad for cardiovascular health?
- Blood WP decreases so blood is less runny causing oxygen starvation in cells as blood cannot flow as well
- Blood WP decreases as more water is stored, causing a rise in blood pressure and potential damage to small arteries.
- Blood WP increases so the blood is able to flow quicker causing damage to the inside linings of arteries
4. How is BMI calculated?
- BMI = mass in Kg / (height in m)2
- BMI = mass in Kg / (height in m)2 / age
- BMI = mass in Kg / (height in m - age)2
5. Name the 3 stages in selective breeding.
- Isolation , artificial selection , natural production
- Isolation , Artificial selection , Inbreeding / line breeding
- Isolation, natural selection , inbreeding / line breeding
Similar Biology resources: