- Created by: Matt14
- Created on: 28-05-15 10:25
1. How is BMI calculated?
- BMI = mass in Kg / (height in m - age)2
- BMI = mass in Kg / (height in m)2
- BMI = mass in Kg / (height in m)2 / age
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the term 'balanced diet' ?
- a diet that contains all the nutrients required for good health - in appropriate portions
- a diet that contains higher quantities of fruit & veg and proteins and cuts out fats and dairy
- a diet that is based on carbohydrates to gain energy
3. state the function of a insecticide
- A chemical that kills insects
- A chemical that kills fungi
- a Chemical that kills birds
4. CHD is a disease caused by excess energy intake. What happens to lead to the development of CHD?
- Excess fats taken in get deposited along coronary artery walls leading to atherosclerosis. Blood flow is restricted and cells are starved of oxygen
- Excess fats are deposited along coronary arteries and cause a blood to become restricted and so a clot forms blocking the artery
- Excess fats are deposited along the coronary arteries and cause the artery to become narrower and less elasticated so blood pressure drops causing blood flow to be less effective
5. Why is excess salt bad for cardiovascular health?
- Blood WP decreases as more water is stored, causing a rise in blood pressure and potential damage to small arteries.
- Blood WP increases so the blood is able to flow quicker causing damage to the inside linings of arteries
- Blood WP decreases so blood is less runny causing oxygen starvation in cells as blood cannot flow as well
Similar Biology resources: