1. give an example of an external parasite
- head louse
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is excess salt bad for cardiovascular health?
- Blood WP decreases so blood is less runny causing oxygen starvation in cells as blood cannot flow as well
- Blood WP decreases as more water is stored, causing a rise in blood pressure and potential damage to small arteries.
- Blood WP increases so the blood is able to flow quicker causing damage to the inside linings of arteries
3. Define the term 'disease'.
- A micro-organism that affects a host by damaging it
- A departure from good health , a malfunction of the body / mind
- An illness that causes symptoms on the body
4. CHD is a disease caused by excess energy intake. What happens to lead to the development of CHD?
- Excess fats taken in get deposited along coronary artery walls leading to atherosclerosis. Blood flow is restricted and cells are starved of oxygen
- Excess fats are deposited along coronary arteries and cause a blood to become restricted and so a clot forms blocking the artery
- Excess fats are deposited along the coronary arteries and cause the artery to become narrower and less elasticated so blood pressure drops causing blood flow to be less effective
5. Name the 3 stages in selective breeding.
- Isolation , artificial selection , natural production
- Isolation , Artificial selection , Inbreeding / line breeding
- Isolation, natural selection , inbreeding / line breeding
Similar Biology resources: