1. Why do meerkats have dark patches around their eyes?
- To reduce the sun's glare
- To reflect glare fromthe sun and expand their sight
- To act as sunglasses
- To look cool
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. An Emporar Penguin can maintain the body temperature, Why?
- Beacuse in the height of winter they need to be able to stabilise the body temperture in order to survive
- To keep them from falling over by melting the ice
- To keep their eggs warm
- To stop snow from sticking to them
3. When do Hedgehog Cacti respire? Why?
- At Night, because if they only open their stomata at night and reduce evaporation on the leaves.
- In the Day, beacuse their is more sunlight
- After 3pm beacuse it's cooler and evaporation will be reduced
- Between 3am and 9am beacuse they only open their somata in the morning
4. The Hedgehog Cactus has no leaves, why?
- This means they can pick up more water as they have a higher concentrated space.
- To make them less noticable to birds
- This means they loose less water through evaporation in their leaves
- So it looks like a hedgehog
5. How do waxy leaves enable Conifers to survive?
- The waxy substance produces food and water through producing photosynthesising cells.
- So they do not accumulate much snow, to reduce the weight on the plant
- The waxy substance protects the photosynthsisng cells inside the needles
- To make them sticky and hard to digest
Similar Geography resources: