1. Meerkats live underground, Why?
- To keep them out of the hot sun and protect them from predators
- To hide the babies
- To find more food
- To hide from predetors and the litter
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do meerkats have dark patches around their eyes?
- To reduce the sun's glare
- To act as sunglasses
- To look cool
- To reflect glare fromthe sun and expand their sight
3. The Hedgehog Cactus has no leaves, why?
- So it looks like a hedgehog
- This means they loose less water through evaporation in their leaves
- To make them less noticable to birds
- This means they can pick up more water as they have a higher concentrated space.
4. Why are Arctic Wolves so small?
- So they are closer to the ground and blend into their surrondings
- So they can burrow into the snow
- Beacuse they are shy and want to hide
- So they can stick snow to themsleves to blend in
5. An Emporar Penguin can maintain the body temperature, Why?
- Beacuse in the height of winter they need to be able to stabilise the body temperture in order to survive
- To keep their eggs warm
- To stop snow from sticking to them
- To keep them from falling over by melting the ice
Similar Geography resources: