1. How do waxy leaves enable Conifers to survive?
- The waxy substance protects the photosynthsisng cells inside the needles
- To make them sticky and hard to digest
- The waxy substance produces food and water through producing photosynthesising cells.
- So they do not accumulate much snow, to reduce the weight on the plant
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. An Emporar Penguin can maintain the body temperature, Why?
- To keep them from falling over by melting the ice
- Beacuse in the height of winter they need to be able to stabilise the body temperture in order to survive
- To stop snow from sticking to them
- To keep their eggs warm
3. Do Artic Wolves have small or large ears?
- Small Ears so less heat is lost from their ears but are sensitive to hear prey
- Big Ears to fan themselves to keep them cool
- Big Ears to be able to hear prey from a long distance
- Small Ears beacuse they don't need to listen for predetors they can feel vibrations through the ground
4. Where do Meerkats live?
- Any Desert or mountain Desert in America
- The Kalahari Desert in Africa
- The Atacama
- The Sahel
5. Where is an Emporar Penguins native habitat?
- The South Coast of Australia
- The Antarctic
- The Galapagos Islands
- The Artic
Similar Geography resources: