1. How do waxy leaves enable Conifers to survive?
- So they do not accumulate much snow, to reduce the weight on the plant
- The waxy substance protects the photosynthsisng cells inside the needles
- The waxy substance produces food and water through producing photosynthesising cells.
- To make them sticky and hard to digest
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Meerkats live underground, Why?
- To find more food
- To hide from predetors and the litter
- To keep them out of the hot sun and protect them from predators
- To hide the babies
3. Why do meerkats have dark patches around their eyes?
- To look cool
- To reduce the sun's glare
- To act as sunglasses
- To reflect glare fromthe sun and expand their sight
4. Do Artic Wolves have small or large ears?
- Big Ears to fan themselves to keep them cool
- Big Ears to be able to hear prey from a long distance
- Small Ears so less heat is lost from their ears but are sensitive to hear prey
- Small Ears beacuse they don't need to listen for predetors they can feel vibrations through the ground
5. Where can you find native conifers?
- Northern America and Russia
- Scandinavia and Russia
- Just Canada
- Northern USA and Iceland
Similar Geography resources: