1. Why do meerkats have dark patches around their eyes?
- To reduce the sun's glare
- To reflect glare fromthe sun and expand their sight
- To act as sunglasses
- To look cool
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are Arctic Wolves so small?
- So they are closer to the ground and blend into their surrondings
- So they can burrow into the snow
- Beacuse they are shy and want to hide
- So they can stick snow to themsleves to blend in
3. Do Artic Wolves have small or large ears?
- Big Ears to fan themselves to keep them cool
- Big Ears to be able to hear prey from a long distance
- Small Ears so less heat is lost from their ears but are sensitive to hear prey
- Small Ears beacuse they don't need to listen for predetors they can feel vibrations through the ground
4. How do waxy leaves enable Conifers to survive?
- The waxy substance protects the photosynthsisng cells inside the needles
- So they do not accumulate much snow, to reduce the weight on the plant
- To make them sticky and hard to digest
- The waxy substance produces food and water through producing photosynthesising cells.
5. Where can you find native conifers?
- Just Canada
- Northern America and Russia
- Scandinavia and Russia
- Northern USA and Iceland
Similar Geography resources: