1. Where is the Pancake Prickly Pear Cactus native to?
- The Atacama Desert
- The Sonoran and Mojave Desert
- The Sahel
- Any desert
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Hedgehog Cactus has no leaves, why?
- This means they loose less water through evaporation in their leaves
- To make them less noticable to birds
- So it looks like a hedgehog
- This means they can pick up more water as they have a higher concentrated space.
3. Why does the Pancake Prickley Pear cactus have Pads as branches?
- To store water in droughts
- So the plant has an area for birds to land
- To store food and water
- So more photosynthsis can happen to make up for the lack of water
4. An Emporar Penguin can maintain the body temperature, Why?
- To stop snow from sticking to them
- To keep them from falling over by melting the ice
- Beacuse in the height of winter they need to be able to stabilise the body temperture in order to survive
- To keep their eggs warm
5. Why do meerkats have dark patches around their eyes?
- To reflect glare fromthe sun and expand their sight
- To reduce the sun's glare
- To look cool
- To act as sunglasses
Similar Geography resources: