1. The high amounts of the COMT gene is linked to a decrease in OCD,why?
- increases dopamine
- because it terminates the action of dopamine which can cause the obsession through overactivity
- decreases serotonin
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. give an example of physiological evidence to support OCD being biological?
- PET scan showed that people with OCD have an increased metabolism of glucose in the OFC loop of the brain
- a decrease in glucose metablolism in the brain when experiencing ocd
3. which researcher was the psychodynamic approach based upon?
4. what did freuds theory suggest about ocd
- that it is learnt from a young age when a fixation occurs
- that it is learnt during childhood as a result of too much emphasis on cleaning
5. do antidepressants increase or decrease serotonin levels?
- increase which reduces the anxiety which stimulates an obsession
- decrease which reduces the anxiety associated with an obsession