1. what two factors explain the behaioural approach
- conditioning to create obsessions, reinforcement of compulsions to reduce anxiety
- obsessions are formed through genetics, compulsions formed from environmental factors
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. give the 3 main psychological explanations of ocd?
- develpomental, cognitive, psychodynamic
- behavioural, cognitive, psychodynamic
- behavioural, psychological,cognitive
3. does and increase or decrease in serotonin cause ocd?
4. what concordance rates were found between twins with OCD?
- 40% concordance rates
- 87% concordance between MZ twins only 13% environmental
- 96% DZ twins with only 4% environmental
5. what did freuds theory suggest about ocd
- that it is learnt from a young age when a fixation occurs
- that it is learnt during childhood as a result of too much emphasis on cleaning