1. what concordance rates were found between twins with OCD?
- 40% concordance rates
- 87% concordance between MZ twins only 13% environmental
- 96% DZ twins with only 4% environmental
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. what did freuds theory suggest about ocd
- that it is learnt from a young age when a fixation occurs
- that it is learnt during childhood as a result of too much emphasis on cleaning
3. which researcher was the psychodynamic approach based upon?
4. The high amounts of the COMT gene is linked to a decrease in OCD,why?
- increases dopamine
- because it terminates the action of dopamine which can cause the obsession through overactivity
- decreases serotonin
5. Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters can cause an increase in the likelihood of having ocd, state the two main neurotransmitters invloved?
- serotinin and dopamine
- cortisol and dopamine
- testosterone and serotonin