1. give the 3 main psychological explanations of ocd?
- develpomental, cognitive, psychodynamic
- behavioural, cognitive, psychodynamic
- behavioural, psychological,cognitive
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. give a strategy which has developed as an evolutionary adapatation
- harm avoidance strategy
3. give an example of physiological evidence to support OCD being biological?
- PET scan showed that people with OCD have an increased metabolism of glucose in the OFC loop of the brain
- a decrease in glucose metablolism in the brain when experiencing ocd
4. name an alternative gene to the COMT gene and what it showed?
- the SAPAP3 gene which showed and increase in grooming with mice
- the SAPAP gene showing a decrease in mice grooming themselves
5. name 3 behaviours that result as evolutionary adaptations
- grooming, concern for others, hoarding
- cleaning, tidying, hoarding
- brushing, dancing, stuttering