1. Nice quote about president being the centre of political consciousness
- 'the focus of the anxious crowd of the age'
- 'cornerstone of public concern'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who coined the term 'bully pulpit'?
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
3. Who says that whilst presidential popularity is obviously an asset, it has no effect on their ability to put pressure on Congress?
4. When framing the US constitution, who said 'enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm'?
5. Who said that 'every president between the mid-1960s and 2008 was associated to a greater or lesser extend with failure'?