1. What did Kennedy say about the power of the presidency?
- 'the president is rightly described as a man with extraordinary power. Yet it is also true that he must wield those powers under extraordinary limitations'
- 'public expectations of the office remain just as high as the ability of presidents to meet these expectations has diminished'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that whilst presidential popularity is obviously an asset, it has no effect on their ability to put pressure on Congress?
3. According to Peele, which of the following is not a way in which FDR transformed the presidency?
- strong conception of presidential power (first 100 days)
- expansion of staff
- made it the centre of political consciousness
- added media appeal
- strengthened the legislative and agenda-setting role
4. Who notes that 'that presidential approval is often a function of national and global economic cycles or foreign policy events that are largely beyond a president's influence doesn't matter'?
- Cronin and Genovese
- Lijpart and Strom
5. When framing the US constitution, who said 'enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm'?