1. Which of the following is not one of Sartori's conditions for presidential government?
- must be separate from the legislature
- cannot be discharged between elections
- president must select the Cabinet and Exec
- must be directly elected
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that whilst presidential popularity is obviously an asset, it has no effect on their ability to put pressure on Congress?
3. What is the relationship between veto players and passage of legislation, according to Tsebelis?
- the more veto players, the less legislation passes
- the fewer the veto players, the less legislation passes
4. Who says that the problem with presidential systems in South-American countries is that they have a strong military legacy?
5. What is the defining feature of a parliamentary system rather than a presidential system?
- the executive can be removed by the legislature between elections
- the executive is indirectly elected