1. Who says that whilst presidential popularity is obviously an asset, it has no effect on their ability to put pressure on Congress?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who notes that 'that presidential approval is often a function of national and global economic cycles or foreign policy events that are largely beyond a president's influence doesn't matter'?
- Cronin and Genovese
- Lijpart and Strom
3. What did Jackson call for which increased presidential accountability?
- popular election
- the electoral college
4. Which British Prime Minister said 'you can't do it by committee... the buck stops with me and that's that'?
5. What is the defining feature of a parliamentary system rather than a presidential system?
- the executive can be removed by the legislature between elections
- the executive is indirectly elected