- Created by: gemmmmma
- Created on: 05-03-18 19:41
1. What does the hepatic portal vein do?
- Carries blood with products from digestion to the liver.
- Takes oxygenated blood to the heart.
- Connects the hepatic veins and arteries.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do Kupffer cells in the sinusoids do?
- Act as macrophages to ingest foreign particles and prevent disease.
- Remove water from the blood to create urine.
- Produce and spread mucus.
- Clean the blood of toxins.
3. Deamination of amino acids converts ______ into urea.
- Amino acids
4. Briefly, what is carbohydrate metabolism?
- Hepatocytes convert glucose to glycogen, which is stored in the liver and restored to glucose when needed.
- Increasing the digestion and metbolism of carbohydrates.
- Reducing the digestion and metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Using carbohydrates to increase overall metabolism and assist the liver.
5. What are liver cells called?
- Ciliated epithelial cells.
- Kupffer cells.