- Created by: gemmmmma
- Created on: 05-03-18 19:41
1. How is oxygenated blood removed from the liver/ returned to the heart?
- Hepatic portal vein
- Hepatic artery
- Hepatic vein
- Portal vein
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is NOT a main metabolic waste of mammals?
- Carbon dioxide
- Bile pigments
- Nitrogenous waste (urea)
3. How do hepatocytes break down hydrogen peroxide?
- Hepatocytes break the hydrogen peroxide down using various metabolic pathways.
- Hepatocytes contain the enzyme catalase, splitting hydrogen peroxide into O2 and H2O
- Kupffer cells break down the hydrogen peroxide into CO2 and H20 using enzymes.
4. What does the hepatic portal vein do?
- Connects the hepatic veins and arteries.
- Carries blood with products from digestion to the liver.
- Takes oxygenated blood to the heart.
5. Deamination of amino acids converts ______ into urea.
- Amino acids