1. Why does blood from the hepatic artery and hepatic portal vein mix in the sinusoids?
- To make the system more efficient.
- To increase the oxygen content of the blood from the hepatic portal vein, providing hepatocytes with plenty of oxygen.
- To clean the blood.
- To reduce the oxygen content of the blood from the hepatic portal vein, stopping the hepatocytes from getting oxygen.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are liver cells called?
- Kupffer cells.
- Ciliated epithelial cells.
3. Briefly, what is carbohydrate metabolism?
- Hepatocytes convert glucose to glycogen, which is stored in the liver and restored to glucose when needed.
- Using carbohydrates to increase overall metabolism and assist the liver.
- Increasing the digestion and metbolism of carbohydrates.
- Reducing the digestion and metabolism of carbohydrates.
4. Which of these is NOT a function of the liver?
- Deamination of excess amino acids
- Carbohydrate metabolism
- Phosphorylative decarboxylation
5. How is oxygenated blood removed from the liver/ returned to the heart?
- Hepatic portal vein
- Hepatic vein
- Portal vein
- Hepatic artery