- Created by: gemmmmma
- Created on: 05-03-18 19:41
1. What are liver cells called?
- Ciliated epithelial cells.
- Kupffer cells.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Briefly, what is deamination of excess amino acids?
- The removal of an amine group from a molecule, preventing the excretion of useful excess proteins.
- Breaking down amino acids and proteins to remove them from the blood.
- Turning ammonia into amino acids to remove toxins.
3. What is urea?
- The vessel carrying urine from the bladder out of the body.
- It is formed by the breakdown of amino acids by the liver.
- Concentrated urine.
4. Which is NOT a main metabolic waste of mammals?
- Bile pigments
- Carbon dioxide
- Nitrogenous waste (urea)
5. Which of these is NOT a function of the liver?
- Phosphorylative decarboxylation
- Deamination of excess amino acids
- Carbohydrate metabolism