- Created by: gemmmmma
- Created on: 05-03-18 19:41
1. What are liver cells called?
- Ciliated epithelial cells.
- Kupffer cells.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is oxygenated blood delivered to the liver?
- Hepatic artery
- Hepatic vein
- Portal vein
- Hepatic portal vein
3. Why does blood from the hepatic artery and hepatic portal vein mix in the sinusoids?
- To increase the oxygen content of the blood from the hepatic portal vein, providing hepatocytes with plenty of oxygen.
- To reduce the oxygen content of the blood from the hepatic portal vein, stopping the hepatocytes from getting oxygen.
- To clean the blood.
- To make the system more efficient.
4. Briefly, what is deamination of excess amino acids?
- Turning ammonia into amino acids to remove toxins.
- The removal of an amine group from a molecule, preventing the excretion of useful excess proteins.
- Breaking down amino acids and proteins to remove them from the blood.
5. What do hepatocytes do?
- Get rid of sugar and salt in the blood.
- They secret bile from the breakdown of blood into canaliculi, which drains into bile ductules into the gall bladder.
- Clean the blood of toxins.
- Secrete urea into the bladder.