1. Why does blood bring CO2 to the lungs?
- Maintain diffusion gradient
- Reduce diffusion distance
- So gaseous exchange is faster
- To increase the concentration of CO2 in the alveolus
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the tidal volume?
- Volume of air moved in and out at rest
- Inspiratiory/expiratory reserve volume
- Largest volume of air that an be moved in and out in one breath
- Volume of air that always remains in he lungs
3. What type of epithelium is found in the walls of the alveolus?
4. What is the role of cilia in the trachea?
- Waft mucus up the airway to the back of the throat
- Secrete mucus to trap particles
- Help the trachea contract
5. What happens to the pressure in the chest cavity during inspiration?
- Drops below atmospheric pressure
- Rises above atmospheric pressure