1. What happens to the pressure in the chest cavity during inspiration?
- Drops below atmospheric pressure
- Rises above atmospheric pressure
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does the capillary wall reduce diffusion distance?
- One cell thick
- Few cells thick
- Flattened or thin cells
3. What are the walls of the trachea made up of?
- Goblet cells
- Smooth muscle
- Elastic fibres
- Ciliates epithelium
4. During expiration what happens to the diaphragm?
- Relaxes and is pushed up
- Pushes digestive organs down
- Becomes flatter
5. Smooth muscle mainly makes up what wall in the respiratory system?