1. Why does blood bring CO2 to the lungs?
- Maintain diffusion gradient
- To increase the concentration of CO2 in the alveolus
- Reduce diffusion distance
- So gaseous exchange is faster
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the role of cilia in the trachea?
- Waft mucus up the airway to the back of the throat
- Secrete mucus to trap particles
- Help the trachea contract
3. Smooth muscle mainly makes up what wall in the respiratory system?
4. What happens to the pressure in the chest cavity during inspiration?
- Drops below atmospheric pressure
- Rises above atmospheric pressure
5. What is the tidal volume?
- Volume of air moved in and out at rest
- Inspiratiory/expiratory reserve volume
- Largest volume of air that an be moved in and out in one breath
- Volume of air that always remains in he lungs