1. What type of epithelium is found in the walls of the alveolus?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. During expiration what happens to the diaphragm?
- Becomes flatter
- Relaxes and is pushed up
- Pushes digestive organs down
3. What is the role of cilia in the trachea?
- Waft mucus up the airway to the back of the throat
- Secrete mucus to trap particles
- Help the trachea contract
4. Why does blood bring CO2 to the lungs?
- Maintain diffusion gradient
- To increase the concentration of CO2 in the alveolus
- Reduce diffusion distance
- So gaseous exchange is faster
5. What happens to the pressure in the chest cavity during inspiration?
- Drops below atmospheric pressure
- Rises above atmospheric pressure