1. What is the role of goblet cells?
- Secrete mucus to trap particles
- Waft mucus up the airway
- Constrict airway
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does blood bring CO2 to the lungs?
- So gaseous exchange is faster
- To increase the concentration of CO2 in the alveolus
- Maintain diffusion gradient
- Reduce diffusion distance
3. What are the walls of the trachea made up of?
- Elastic fibres
- Ciliates epithelium
- Smooth muscle
- Goblet cells
4. How does the capillary wall reduce diffusion distance?
- One cell thick
- Few cells thick
- Flattened or thin cells
5. What happens to the pressure in the chest cavity during inspiration?
- Drops below atmospheric pressure
- Rises above atmospheric pressure