1. What is the role of cilia in the trachea?
- Help the trachea contract
- Waft mucus up the airway to the back of the throat
- Secrete mucus to trap particles
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the tidal volume?
- Volume of air moved in and out at rest
- Inspiratiory/expiratory reserve volume
- Largest volume of air that an be moved in and out in one breath
- Volume of air that always remains in he lungs
3. What are the walls of the trachea made up of?
- Elastic fibres
- Smooth muscle
- Goblet cells
- Ciliates epithelium
4. Why does blood bring CO2 to the lungs?
- Maintain diffusion gradient
- Reduce diffusion distance
- So gaseous exchange is faster
- To increase the concentration of CO2 in the alveolus
5. Smooth muscle mainly makes up what wall in the respiratory system?