1. Why does blood bring CO2 to the lungs?
- Maintain diffusion gradient
- To increase the concentration of CO2 in the alveolus
- Reduce diffusion distance
- So gaseous exchange is faster
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Smooth muscle mainly makes up what wall in the respiratory system?
3. What is the tidal volume?
- Volume of air that always remains in he lungs
- Inspiratiory/expiratory reserve volume
- Volume of air moved in and out at rest
- Largest volume of air that an be moved in and out in one breath
4. What type of epithelium is found in the walls of the alveolus?
5. During expiration what happens to the diaphragm?
- Relaxes and is pushed up
- Becomes flatter
- Pushes digestive organs down