1. Camilleri (2004) said that: Sexual assault of a female by her male partner was directly linked with ____________________________?
- The percieved risk of her infidelity
- The idea of her not being able to have any children
- Had lack of cooking skills
- Lack of skills, motivation or maintenance difficulties
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the main points from Shakelford et al (2005)'s study?
- Men were found to use no form of violence
- Men used emotional manipulation, inter-sexual negative inducements and direct guarding
- Men only used physical violence
3. What did Dobash & Dobash (1984) find?
- Main cause of violence was women who were no longer attentive to husbands
- Battered women's partners cited extreme jealousy as key cause of violence
- No correlation between sexual jealousy and violence
4. How does Camilleri (2004)'s findings support sexual coercion's link with aggression?
- Men are just violent anyway
- Found that sexual coercion amongst males, not females, as females are not at risk of cuckoldry
- females do not care
5. How does Buss & Schakelford's (1977) study support the evolutionary claim that mate retention strategies are only used when an adaptive problem is faced?
- No men know whether their wife is unfaithful or not, they use mate retention strategies to prevent it
- Men who thought their wives were unfailthful inflicted greated punishment in comparison to those who did not anticipate infidelity
- Men who thought that their wives were unfaithful did not impose any more violence than those who did not think that their wife was unfaithful