1. How does Felson (1997) support the claim that this theory is gender bias?
- Found that women were x2 as more likely to murder out of jealousy than men
- Women are x3 more likely to cheat
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Shakelford et al (2008) suggest that uroxicide benefits men?
- The women would be too weak to look for another partner
- It doesn't - they get caught and their genes get wasted
- Not all men possess resources. By using this method, they scare them into obedience
- Because then the female is fragile and would not want to find another partner
3. What is an limitation of this theory suggested by Buss & Shakelford (1997)?
- Men act difffently - some men may used mate-renention, sexual coercion, uroxcide and some may become alcholics
- It is just false
- Doesn't explain why women live longer than men
- It isn't broad enough
4. What did Daly et al (1982) find?
- Sexual jealousy was most common motivation for US domestic disputes in US
- Sexual jealousy had no influence on aggression
- Jealousy promoted a stronger bond between the two partners
5. Who proposed that males have evolved several different strategies to deter their female partners from committing adultery?
- Daly & Wilson (1988)
- Buss (1988)