1. How does Buss & Schakelford's (1977) study support the evolutionary claim that mate retention strategies are only used when an adaptive problem is faced?
- Men who thought their wives were unfailthful inflicted greated punishment in comparison to those who did not anticipate infidelity
- Men who thought that their wives were unfaithful did not impose any more violence than those who did not think that their wife was unfaithful
- No men know whether their wife is unfaithful or not, they use mate retention strategies to prevent it
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is uroxcide?
- Sexual Coercion
3. Camilleri (2004) said that: Sexual assault of a female by her male partner was directly linked with ____________________________?
- Had lack of cooking skills
- Lack of skills, motivation or maintenance difficulties
- The percieved risk of her infidelity
- The idea of her not being able to have any children
4. What is a problem to this evolutionary explanation?
- Because it is not adaptive in any way, shape, or form
- It doesn't explain why women survive longer than men
- doesn't explain why males, when faced with same problem, act differently
- It doesn't explain to what extent it benefits men
5. What were the main points from Shakelford et al (2005)'s study?
- Men used emotional manipulation, inter-sexual negative inducements and direct guarding
- Men only used physical violence
- Men were found to use no form of violence