1. What is an limitation of this theory suggested by Buss & Shakelford (1997)?
- It is just false
- Doesn't explain why women live longer than men
- Men act difffently - some men may used mate-renention, sexual coercion, uroxcide and some may become alcholics
- It isn't broad enough
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Felson (1997) support the claim that this theory is gender bias?
- Found that women were x2 as more likely to murder out of jealousy than men
- Women are x3 more likely to cheat
3. What did Dobash & Dobash (1984) find?
- Battered women's partners cited extreme jealousy as key cause of violence
- No correlation between sexual jealousy and violence
- Main cause of violence was women who were no longer attentive to husbands
4. What did Goetz et al. (2008) state?
- Sexual coercion happens when there are no children in the family
- Sexual coercion is a consequence of partners perception of infidelity
- Infidenlity is a cogntive disorder
5. What IDA point is best suited for this theory?
- Gender Bias
- Nature vs. Nurture