1. What two strategies did Buss (1988) suggest men have evolved to prevent cuckoldry?
- Uroxicide and Cheating
- Direct guarding and Negative Inducments
- Becoming more attentive & caring
- Crying and positive reinforcments
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Shakelford et al (2008) suggest that uroxicide benefits men?
- Because then the female is fragile and would not want to find another partner
- Not all men possess resources. By using this method, they scare them into obedience
- It doesn't - they get caught and their genes get wasted
- The women would be too weak to look for another partner
3. What IDA point is best suited for this theory?
- Gender Bias
- Nature vs. Nurture
4. Why does Daly & Wilson (1988) propose that sexual jealousy is adaptive?
- Prevents parental uncertainty and therefore preventing males from becoming cuckolds
- Keep women in love with 1 man
- It isn't adaptive
5. What did Dobash & Dobash (1984) find?
- Main cause of violence was women who were no longer attentive to husbands
- Battered women's partners cited extreme jealousy as key cause of violence
- No correlation between sexual jealousy and violence