1. How does Felson (1997) support the claim that this theory is gender bias?
- Found that women were x2 as more likely to murder out of jealousy than men
- Women are x3 more likely to cheat
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why would men beat pregnant women?
- Feel that the women's genes are not strong, meaning that the child would not survive due to lack of reproduction
- Terminate the baby and therefore eliminating the potential offspring of a rival
- Don't want to use their resources
3. Who proposed that males have evolved several different strategies to deter their female partners from committing adultery?
- Daly & Wilson (1988)
- Buss (1988)
4. What did Daly et al (1982) find?
- Jealousy promoted a stronger bond between the two partners
- Sexual jealousy was most common motivation for US domestic disputes in US
- Sexual jealousy had no influence on aggression
5. Why does Daly & Wilson (1988) propose that sexual jealousy is adaptive?
- It isn't adaptive
- Prevents parental uncertainty and therefore preventing males from becoming cuckolds
- Keep women in love with 1 man