1. What is NOT an example of sympatric speciation?
- Behavioural differences
- Mechanical issues
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a population?
- The number of adults of a species in a given area at a given time
- The birth rate of a species in a given area at a given time
- The number of the same species in a given area at a given time
- All individuals of all species in a given area at a given time
3. What is allopatric speciation?
- Speciation that occurs in just rainforest environments
- Speciation that occurs in just marine environments
- Speciation that occurs when demes become geographically separated
- Speciation that occurs when demes are reproductively separated
4. What is discontinuous variation?
- A distinct phenotype controlled by a single gene EG eye colour
- A phenotype controlled by many genes and the environment EG skin colour
- A phenotype controlled solely by the environment
- Where variation never occurs in a species
5. What is a gene pool?
- The most common alleles found globally
- The sum of all individual alleles in a given population
- The most common allele in a population
- The sum of all individual alleles in a community