1. In early October 1642, how many Cornishmen rose up in support of Charles I?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which month did the First Civil War start?
3. Parliament established the New Model Army in 1645. Who was appointed its lord general?
- Sir Thomas Fairfax
- Oliver Cromwell
- Richard Cromwell
4. What was the outcome of the Battle of Edgehill?
- A treaty was made between both sides
- It was a draw / Inconclusive
- A decisive victory for Charles' army
- A clear parliamentary victory
5. In which year did the Cavaliers sign a ceasefire with the Irish?