1. What happens to reassure Hecabe when she is worried that Achilles will kill Priam?
- Ares fills her with a sense of confidence.
- Apollo sends a cobra as a sign of fortune.
- Zeus sends an eagle as a good omen.
- Apollo sends Iris to tell her of Priam's safety.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Achilles do whilst the Trojan's prepare Hector's funeral pyre?
- He temporarily returns to Greece, taking the Achaean army with him.
- He sends the Achaean soldiers to Troy to mourn with the Trojans.
- He gives them reprieve from battle.
- He only lets the Myrmidons go to battle.
3. What does Priam bring to Achilles with the hope of exchanging it for Hector's body?
- A wagon and four Trojan women.
- Helen's maid and some wine.
- A chariot full of treasure.
- Patroclus' shield.
4. How does Achilles treat Hector's body at the beginning of book 24?
- He drags it around Patroclus' tomb every day.
- He leaves it to rest on top of Patroclus' funeral pyre.
- He lets the vultures feed on it every day.
- He allows the Myrmidons to stab it every night.
5. Who persuades Zeus that Hector's body needs to be released from Achilles' hold?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: