1. Who are the first people to mourn for Hector when his body returns to Ilium?
- Paris and the Trojan soldiers.
- Helen, Andromache and the women.
- Calypso, Iris and Chryseis.
- The city elders and Hecabe.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Achilles treat Hector's body at the beginning of book 24?
- He leaves it to rest on top of Patroclus' funeral pyre.
- He lets the vultures feed on it every day.
- He drags it around Patroclus' tomb every day.
- He allows the Myrmidons to stab it every night.
3. Who helps Priam enter the Achaean camp?
- Iris dressed as Ajax's brother.
- Apollo dressed as a Myrmidon soldier.
- Hermes dressed as an Achaean soldier.
- Athene dressed as Nestor.
4. What is Priam doing when Hermes arrives to tell him to return to Ilium?
- Sleeping in the Achaean camp.
- Speaking with Achilles.
- Sleeping in his chariot.
- Stealing Patroclus' body from the ground.
5. What does Achilles do whilst the Trojan's prepare Hector's funeral pyre?
- He temporarily returns to Greece, taking the Achaean army with him.
- He sends the Achaean soldiers to Troy to mourn with the Trojans.
- He gives them reprieve from battle.
- He only lets the Myrmidons go to battle.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: