1. What do the Trojans do when Hector's body returns to Ilium?
- They spend twelve days in silent mourning.
- They spend seven days sacrificing cattle to Apollo.
- They spend nine days preparing the funeral pyre.
- They spend two days participating in the funeral games.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Priam bring to Achilles with the hope of exchanging it for Hector's body?
- A chariot full of treasure.
- Helen's maid and some wine.
- Patroclus' shield.
- A wagon and four Trojan women.
3. Who are the first people to mourn for Hector when his body returns to Ilium?
- Calypso, Iris and Chryseis.
- Helen, Andromache and the women.
- The city elders and Hecabe.
- Paris and the Trojan soldiers.
4. Who persuades Zeus that Hector's body needs to be released from Achilles' hold?
5. How does Priam reduce Achilles to tears and persuade him to release Hector's body?
- He tells him the story of Glaucas and Diomedes.
- He tells him of Andromache and Hector's orphaned son.
- He reminds him of his old age and of Achilles' own father.
- He reminds him of Briseis and her longing for Achilles during her capture.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: