1. What does Achilles do whilst the Trojan's prepare Hector's funeral pyre?
- He sends the Achaean soldiers to Troy to mourn with the Trojans.
- He gives them reprieve from battle.
- He temporarily returns to Greece, taking the Achaean army with him.
- He only lets the Myrmidons go to battle.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens to reassure Hecabe when she is worried that Achilles will kill Priam?
- Zeus sends an eagle as a good omen.
- Apollo sends a cobra as a sign of fortune.
- Apollo sends Iris to tell her of Priam's safety.
- Ares fills her with a sense of confidence.
3. Who are the first people to mourn for Hector when his body returns to Ilium?
- Calypso, Iris and Chryseis.
- Paris and the Trojan soldiers.
- Helen, Andromache and the women.
- The city elders and Hecabe.
4. How does Achilles treat Hector's body at the beginning of book 24?
- He allows the Myrmidons to stab it every night.
- He drags it around Patroclus' tomb every day.
- He lets the vultures feed on it every day.
- He leaves it to rest on top of Patroclus' funeral pyre.
5. What is Priam doing when Hermes arrives to tell him to return to Ilium?
- Sleeping in the Achaean camp.
- Sleeping in his chariot.
- Stealing Patroclus' body from the ground.
- Speaking with Achilles.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: