1. What happens to reassure Hecabe when she is worried that Achilles will kill Priam?
- Zeus sends an eagle as a good omen.
- Apollo sends a cobra as a sign of fortune.
- Apollo sends Iris to tell her of Priam's safety.
- Ares fills her with a sense of confidence.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Priam bring to Achilles with the hope of exchanging it for Hector's body?
- Helen's maid and some wine.
- A chariot full of treasure.
- A wagon and four Trojan women.
- Patroclus' shield.
3. What is Priam doing when Hermes arrives to tell him to return to Ilium?
- Sleeping in the Achaean camp.
- Speaking with Achilles.
- Sleeping in his chariot.
- Stealing Patroclus' body from the ground.
4. How does Priam reduce Achilles to tears and persuade him to release Hector's body?
- He reminds him of his old age and of Achilles' own father.
- He reminds him of Briseis and her longing for Achilles during her capture.
- He tells him the story of Glaucas and Diomedes.
- He tells him of Andromache and Hector's orphaned son.
5. How does Achilles treat Hector's body at the beginning of book 24?
- He allows the Myrmidons to stab it every night.
- He drags it around Patroclus' tomb every day.
- He lets the vultures feed on it every day.
- He leaves it to rest on top of Patroclus' funeral pyre.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: