1. How does Achilles light Patroclus' funeral pyre?
- He prays for assistance from the winds to light it.
- He orders each of the Myrmidons to hold a burning arrow to the pyre to light it.
- He captures 100 Trojan women and orders them to light it.
- He uses Hector's bones form the base of the pyre, which he lights.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens at the end of Book 23?
- Achilles hands out gold to all the competitors and everyone is happy.
- Achilles and Antilochus reconcile and everyone is happy.
- Trygaeus wins the rest of the games and everyone is jealous.
- Athene and Hera arrive with food and everyone leaves happy.
3. What sort of activities occur in the event organised by Achilles, in order to honour Patroclus?
- Boxing, archery, wresting and chariot racing.
- Theatre contests, drinking contests, libations to Zeus and gathering of slave women.
- Sacrificing, mass praying, ceremonial burning and silent ritual.
- Drinking, eating, dancing and singing.
4. What does Achilles have sacrificed at Patroclus' funeral?
- 12 Trojan captives.
- 4 Archaean priests.
- 20 Greek slave girls.
- 100 Trojan women.
5. Who does Achilles want to take the prize from, in order to give it to the loser?
- Trygaeus - Last but one place
- Antilochus - Second place
- Ajax - Fourth place
- Diomedes - First place
Similar Classical Civilization resources: