1. Who does Achilles want to take the prize from, in order to give it to the loser?
- Trygaeus - Last but one place
- Diomedes - First place
- Antilochus - Second place
- Ajax - Fourth place
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Achilles organise for Patroclus after the burial of his bones?
- A Funeral Games.
- A sacrifice of one hundred goats.
- A Funeral Feast.
- A wedding ceremony for the lost souls.
3. How does Diomedes win the chariot race?
- He convinces Iris to cast bad omens on the competition.
- Athene helps him by robbing the loser of victory.
- He persuades Nestor to distract the competition by calling out bad omens.
- He makes a libation to Apollo who fires a burning arrow at the opposition.
4. What happens at the end of Book 23?
- Trygaeus wins the rest of the games and everyone is jealous.
- Achilles and Antilochus reconcile and everyone is happy.
- Athene and Hera arrive with food and everyone leaves happy.
- Achilles hands out gold to all the competitors and everyone is happy.
5. What does Achilles have sacrificed at Patroclus' funeral?
- 12 Trojan captives.
- 100 Trojan women.
- 4 Archaean priests.
- 20 Greek slave girls.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: