1. Why does Achilles decide to bury Patroclus sooner than planned?
- Patroclus visited him in a dream and asked to be buried soon for his soul to move on.
- Paris was threatening an attack on the Achaean camp in order to take back Patroclus' body.
- Patroclus' mother made a journey across Troy to attend the burial.
- Nestor gave Achilles a message from his father, asking him to bury him sooner.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does Achilles finally decide to take Antilochus' prize and give it to the loser of the race?
- Ajax heard Antilochus bribing Trygaeus into losing.
- Antilochus suggests that Achilles is lying.
- Menelaus saw Antilochus commit a foul.
- Nestor saw Antilochus receiving extra strength from Hephaestus.
3. What does Achilles refuse to do until Patroclus is buried?
4. What happens at the end of Book 23?
- Achilles hands out gold to all the competitors and everyone is happy.
- Athene and Hera arrive with food and everyone leaves happy.
- Achilles and Antilochus reconcile and everyone is happy.
- Trygaeus wins the rest of the games and everyone is jealous.
5. Who does Achilles want to take the prize from, in order to give it to the loser?
- Ajax - Fourth place
- Trygaeus - Last but one place
- Antilochus - Second place
- Diomedes - First place
Similar Classical Civilization resources: