- Created by: IzzyDaymond
- Created on: 01-06-15 12:06
1. What does Achilles have sacrificed at Patroclus' funeral?
- 12 Trojan captives.
- 100 Trojan women.
- 4 Archaean priests.
- 20 Greek slave girls.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens at the end of Book 23?
- Achilles hands out gold to all the competitors and everyone is happy.
- Achilles and Antilochus reconcile and everyone is happy.
- Trygaeus wins the rest of the games and everyone is jealous.
- Athene and Hera arrive with food and everyone leaves happy.
3. How does Diomedes win the chariot race?
- He persuades Nestor to distract the competition by calling out bad omens.
- He convinces Iris to cast bad omens on the competition.
- Athene helps him by robbing the loser of victory.
- He makes a libation to Apollo who fires a burning arrow at the opposition.
4. What does Achilles organise for Patroclus after the burial of his bones?
- A sacrifice of one hundred goats.
- A Funeral Feast.
- A Funeral Games.
- A wedding ceremony for the lost souls.
5. What sort of activities occur in the event organised by Achilles, in order to honour Patroclus?
- Boxing, archery, wresting and chariot racing.
- Theatre contests, drinking contests, libations to Zeus and gathering of slave women.
- Sacrificing, mass praying, ceremonial burning and silent ritual.
- Drinking, eating, dancing and singing.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: