1. What sort of activities occur in the event organised by Achilles, in order to honour Patroclus?
- Boxing, archery, wresting and chariot racing.
- Theatre contests, drinking contests, libations to Zeus and gathering of slave women.
- Sacrificing, mass praying, ceremonial burning and silent ritual.
- Drinking, eating, dancing and singing.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does Achilles finally decide to take Antilochus' prize and give it to the loser of the race?
- Ajax heard Antilochus bribing Trygaeus into losing.
- Antilochus suggests that Achilles is lying.
- Menelaus saw Antilochus commit a foul.
- Nestor saw Antilochus receiving extra strength from Hephaestus.
3. How does Diomedes win the chariot race?
- Athene helps him by robbing the loser of victory.
- He makes a libation to Apollo who fires a burning arrow at the opposition.
- He persuades Nestor to distract the competition by calling out bad omens.
- He convinces Iris to cast bad omens on the competition.
4. What does Achilles have sacrificed at Patroclus' funeral?
- 20 Greek slave girls.
- 100 Trojan women.
- 12 Trojan captives.
- 4 Archaean priests.
5. What does Achilles refuse to do until Patroclus is buried?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: