1. How does Diomedes win the chariot race?
- He persuades Nestor to distract the competition by calling out bad omens.
- He convinces Iris to cast bad omens on the competition.
- Athene helps him by robbing the loser of victory.
- He makes a libation to Apollo who fires a burning arrow at the opposition.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Achilles have sacrificed at Patroclus' funeral?
- 12 Trojan captives.
- 100 Trojan women.
- 4 Archaean priests.
- 20 Greek slave girls.
3. Who does Achilles want to take the prize from, in order to give it to the loser?
- Ajax - Fourth place
- Trygaeus - Last but one place
- Antilochus - Second place
- Diomedes - First place
4. What does Achilles organise for Patroclus after the burial of his bones?
- A sacrifice of one hundred goats.
- A Funeral Feast.
- A Funeral Games.
- A wedding ceremony for the lost souls.
5. What sort of activities occur in the event organised by Achilles, in order to honour Patroclus?
- Drinking, eating, dancing and singing.
- Theatre contests, drinking contests, libations to Zeus and gathering of slave women.
- Boxing, archery, wresting and chariot racing.
- Sacrificing, mass praying, ceremonial burning and silent ritual.