1. What happens at the end of Book 23?
- Achilles and Antilochus reconcile and everyone is happy.
- Achilles hands out gold to all the competitors and everyone is happy.
- Athene and Hera arrive with food and everyone leaves happy.
- Trygaeus wins the rest of the games and everyone is jealous.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Diomedes win the chariot race?
- He persuades Nestor to distract the competition by calling out bad omens.
- Athene helps him by robbing the loser of victory.
- He makes a libation to Apollo who fires a burning arrow at the opposition.
- He convinces Iris to cast bad omens on the competition.
3. How does Achilles light Patroclus' funeral pyre?
- He prays for assistance from the winds to light it.
- He orders each of the Myrmidons to hold a burning arrow to the pyre to light it.
- He captures 100 Trojan women and orders them to light it.
- He uses Hector's bones form the base of the pyre, which he lights.
4. Why does Achilles decide to bury Patroclus sooner than planned?
- Patroclus visited him in a dream and asked to be buried soon for his soul to move on.
- Patroclus' mother made a journey across Troy to attend the burial.
- Nestor gave Achilles a message from his father, asking him to bury him sooner.
- Paris was threatening an attack on the Achaean camp in order to take back Patroclus' body.
5. What does Achilles refuse to do until Patroclus is buried?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: