1. Why does Achilles finally decide to take Antilochus' prize and give it to the loser of the race?
- Antilochus suggests that Achilles is lying.
- Nestor saw Antilochus receiving extra strength from Hephaestus.
- Menelaus saw Antilochus commit a foul.
- Ajax heard Antilochus bribing Trygaeus into losing.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What sort of activities occur in the event organised by Achilles, in order to honour Patroclus?
- Drinking, eating, dancing and singing.
- Theatre contests, drinking contests, libations to Zeus and gathering of slave women.
- Boxing, archery, wresting and chariot racing.
- Sacrificing, mass praying, ceremonial burning and silent ritual.
3. Who does Achilles want to take the prize from, in order to give it to the loser?
- Ajax - Fourth place
- Trygaeus - Last but one place
- Antilochus - Second place
- Diomedes - First place
4. How does Diomedes win the chariot race?
- Athene helps him by robbing the loser of victory.
- He convinces Iris to cast bad omens on the competition.
- He makes a libation to Apollo who fires a burning arrow at the opposition.
- He persuades Nestor to distract the competition by calling out bad omens.
5. How does Achilles light Patroclus' funeral pyre?
- He prays for assistance from the winds to light it.
- He orders each of the Myrmidons to hold a burning arrow to the pyre to light it.
- He captures 100 Trojan women and orders them to light it.
- He uses Hector's bones form the base of the pyre, which he lights.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: