1. What does Achilles do to Hectors body immediately after killing him?
- Cleans it and throws it over the walls of Ilium for the Trojans to bury.
- Let the Achaeans stab it then drag it through the dirt.
- Burn it along with the sacred artefacts of the Trojan Gods.
- Let the vultures feast on it before burning it in the battlefield.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Andromache find out about Hector's death?
- Aphrodite delivers a dream to her in which the event is set out as it happened.
- She hears Priam and Hecabe weeping at the city walls.
- Iris appears before her and tells her of Hector's fate.
- She hears the soothsayer announcing it in the city marketplace.
3. As Hector is dying, what does he beg Achilles to do?
- Take his son back to Argos and care for him as a father would.
- Retrieve Helen from his brother Paris and return her to Menelaus.
- Return his body to the Trojans for burial in Troy.
- Marry Andromache to Paris in order to care for his son.
4. Why doesn't Hector follow the Trojans into the city walls at the beginning of book 22?
- Aphrodite had rescued him from battle and placed him there for safety.
- He wants to face his destiny and therefore to comfort Achilles.
- He is too ashamed having ordered them to stay outside the walls.
- Athene has tricked him into thinking that it is a safe position from Achilles.
5. How many times does Achilles chase Hector around the city walls?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: