1. How does Andromache find out about Hector's death?
- Aphrodite delivers a dream to her in which the event is set out as it happened.
- She hears the soothsayer announcing it in the city marketplace.
- She hears Priam and Hecabe weeping at the city walls.
- Iris appears before her and tells her of Hector's fate.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. When Zeus considers saving Hector from death, how does he decide his fate?
- He consults Thetis and Apollo as they support different sides of the war.
- He uses a pair of golden scales to weigh up Hector and Achilles' fate.
- He calls a meeting between all the Gods to contribute to the debate.
- He uses a golden coin and tosses it to choose the victim of death.
3. Which of the Trojans watches Hector's death and are the first to mourn for him?
- His uncle and sister, Trygaeus and Blancheas.
- His parents, Priam and Hecabe.
- His brother, Paris.
- His wife, Andromache.
4. How does Achilles know where exactly to stab Hector in order to kill him?
- Nestor had spoken to a soothsayer who asked to pass on an a good omen to Achilles, concerning the point of attack.
- Hector is wearing armour made by Hephaestus, and Thetis had told him where to aim to kill him.
- Hector is wearing Achilles' armour that he stole from Patroclus body so Achilles knows its weak points.
- Iris had told Achilles where to aim his weapon before he had left the Achaean camp.
5. What does Achilles do to Hectors body immediately after killing him?
- Burn it along with the sacred artefacts of the Trojan Gods.
- Cleans it and throws it over the walls of Ilium for the Trojans to bury.
- Let the Achaeans stab it then drag it through the dirt.
- Let the vultures feast on it before burning it in the battlefield.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: