1. Which of the Trojans watches Hector's death and are the first to mourn for him?
- His uncle and sister, Trygaeus and Blancheas.
- His parents, Priam and Hecabe.
- His brother, Paris.
- His wife, Andromache.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Achilles do to Hectors body immediately after killing him?
- Cleans it and throws it over the walls of Ilium for the Trojans to bury.
- Let the vultures feast on it before burning it in the battlefield.
- Let the Achaeans stab it then drag it through the dirt.
- Burn it along with the sacred artefacts of the Trojan Gods.
3. Why doesn't Hector follow the Trojans into the city walls at the beginning of book 22?
- Aphrodite had rescued him from battle and placed him there for safety.
- He wants to face his destiny and therefore to comfort Achilles.
- He is too ashamed having ordered them to stay outside the walls.
- Athene has tricked him into thinking that it is a safe position from Achilles.
4. How does Achilles know where exactly to stab Hector in order to kill him?
- Hector is wearing Achilles' armour that he stole from Patroclus body so Achilles knows its weak points.
- Hector is wearing armour made by Hephaestus, and Thetis had told him where to aim to kill him.
- Iris had told Achilles where to aim his weapon before he had left the Achaean camp.
- Nestor had spoken to a soothsayer who asked to pass on an a good omen to Achilles, concerning the point of attack.
5. When Achilles first finds Hector, what has he been doing?
- Speaking to the Achaean soothsayer in Argos.
- Confronting Priam on the city walls of Ilium.
- Chasing Apollo who was disguised as Agenor.
- Preparing Patroclus' body for burial in Argos.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: