- Created by: IzzyDaymond
- Created on: 31-05-15 18:36
1. Which of the Trojans watches Hector's death and are the first to mourn for him?
- His parents, Priam and Hecabe.
- His wife, Andromache.
- His brother, Paris.
- His uncle and sister, Trygaeus and Blancheas.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. When Zeus considers saving Hector from death, how does he decide his fate?
- He consults Thetis and Apollo as they support different sides of the war.
- He uses a pair of golden scales to weigh up Hector and Achilles' fate.
- He calls a meeting between all the Gods to contribute to the debate.
- He uses a golden coin and tosses it to choose the victim of death.
3. How does Achilles know where exactly to stab Hector in order to kill him?
- Nestor had spoken to a soothsayer who asked to pass on an a good omen to Achilles, concerning the point of attack.
- Hector is wearing Achilles' armour that he stole from Patroclus body so Achilles knows its weak points.
- Iris had told Achilles where to aim his weapon before he had left the Achaean camp.
- Hector is wearing armour made by Hephaestus, and Thetis had told him where to aim to kill him.
4. How many times does Achilles chase Hector around the city walls?
5. Why doesn't Hector follow the Trojans into the city walls at the beginning of book 22?
- Aphrodite had rescued him from battle and placed him there for safety.
- He is too ashamed having ordered them to stay outside the walls.
- Athene has tricked him into thinking that it is a safe position from Achilles.
- He wants to face his destiny and therefore to comfort Achilles.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: