1. How many times does Achilles chase Hector around the city walls?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Achilles know where exactly to stab Hector in order to kill him?
- Hector is wearing Achilles' armour that he stole from Patroclus body so Achilles knows its weak points.
- Nestor had spoken to a soothsayer who asked to pass on an a good omen to Achilles, concerning the point of attack.
- Hector is wearing armour made by Hephaestus, and Thetis had told him where to aim to kill him.
- Iris had told Achilles where to aim his weapon before he had left the Achaean camp.
3. How does Andromache find out about Hector's death?
- Aphrodite delivers a dream to her in which the event is set out as it happened.
- She hears Priam and Hecabe weeping at the city walls.
- Iris appears before her and tells her of Hector's fate.
- She hears the soothsayer announcing it in the city marketplace.
4. Which of the Trojans watches Hector's death and are the first to mourn for him?
- His parents, Priam and Hecabe.
- His uncle and sister, Trygaeus and Blancheas.
- His wife, Andromache.
- His brother, Paris.
5. What does Achilles do to Hectors body immediately after killing him?
- Let the Achaeans stab it then drag it through the dirt.
- Let the vultures feast on it before burning it in the battlefield.
- Burn it along with the sacred artefacts of the Trojan Gods.
- Cleans it and throws it over the walls of Ilium for the Trojans to bury.