Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What does Achilles accept from Agamemnon in this book?
- All the gifts previously offered as well as Briseis.
- His promise to kill Hector.
- His position as leader of the Achaean army.
- His chariot, his daughter and his hut.
7. Which of Odysseus' suggestions does Achilles refuse?
- To offer a truce with the Trojans.
- To retreat from the Trojan ranks.
- To eat before battle.
- To ask Zeus for help in battle.
8. What does Athene do when she arrives at Achilles' camp?
- She fills his heart with love and forgiveness so he doesn't feel the need to pursue Hector.
- She fills his soul with bravery so that he is courageous enough to face Hector.
- She fills his stomach with ambrosia so he doesn't suffer with hunger.
- She fills his stomach with water so he doesn't suffer with dehydration in battle.
9. What does Thetis promise to do at the start of book 19?
- Ask Zeus to resurrect Patroclus whilst Achilles is in battle.
- Convince Aphrodite to return Helen whilst Achilles is in battle.
- Prevent Patroclus' body from rotting whilst Achilles is in battle.
- Protect the Achaean camp whilst Achilles is in battle.
10. Who does Achilles blame for leaving Patroclus to die in battle?
- His horses.