1. Why does Zeus decide to send Athene to Achilles in this book?
- He wants her to give him a protective breastplate.
- He is moved by Achilles' refusal to eat.
- He wants her to give him a message from Thetis.
- He wants her to convince him not to go to battle.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who tells Achilles that he shares the same fate as Patroclus?
- Agamemnon's daughter.
- Achilles' horses.
- Achilles' slave girls.
3. Who does Achilles blame for leaving Patroclus to die in battle?
- His horses.
4. What does Achilles accept from Agamemnon in this book?
- His chariot, his daughter and his hut.
- His promise to kill Hector.
- All the gifts previously offered as well as Briseis.
- His position as leader of the Achaean army.
5. What doesn't Achilles want to be reminded of when he goes off to battle?
- The fact that he is destined to die like Patroclus.
- The fact that his mother was an immortal but he was not.
- The fact that Briseis doesn't love him like she loved Agamemnon.
- The fact that he knew Patroclus died.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: