1. Why does Zeus decide to send Athene to Achilles in this book?
- He is moved by Achilles' refusal to eat.
- He wants her to convince him not to go to battle.
- He wants her to give him a message from Thetis.
- He wants her to give him a protective breastplate.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Achilles accept from Agamemnon in this book?
- His chariot, his daughter and his hut.
- All the gifts previously offered as well as Briseis.
- His position as leader of the Achaean army.
- His promise to kill Hector.
3. What doesn't Achilles want to be reminded of when he goes off to battle?
- The fact that he knew Patroclus died.
- The fact that his mother was an immortal but he was not.
- The fact that he is destined to die like Patroclus.
- The fact that Briseis doesn't love him like she loved Agamemnon.
4. Who does Achilles reconcile with in this book?
5. What does Thetis promise to do at the start of book 19?
- Ask Zeus to resurrect Patroclus whilst Achilles is in battle.
- Convince Aphrodite to return Helen whilst Achilles is in battle.
- Prevent Patroclus' body from rotting whilst Achilles is in battle.
- Protect the Achaean camp whilst Achilles is in battle.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: