- Created by: IzzyDaymond
- Created on: 31-05-15 17:35
1. Which of Odysseus' suggestions does Achilles refuse?
- To offer a truce with the Trojans.
- To eat before battle.
- To ask Zeus for help in battle.
- To retreat from the Trojan ranks.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who tells Achilles that he shares the same fate as Patroclus?
- Agamemnon's daughter.
- Achilles' horses.
- Achilles' slave girls.
3. Why does Zeus decide to send Athene to Achilles in this book?
- He wants her to give him a message from Thetis.
- He wants her to give him a protective breastplate.
- He is moved by Achilles' refusal to eat.
- He wants her to convince him not to go to battle.
4. Why does Briseis mourn for Patroclus?
- He had saved her from the hands of the Trojans in a previous battle.
- He was kind to her when she was first taken from her homeland.
- He was the man that brought her to Achilles in the first place.
- He had rescued her from an abusive relationship in her homeland.
5. What does Achilles accept from Agamemnon in this book?
- His chariot, his daughter and his hut.
- All the gifts previously offered as well as Briseis.
- His position as leader of the Achaean army.
- His promise to kill Hector.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: