1. What doesn't Achilles want to be reminded of when he goes off to battle?
- The fact that his mother was an immortal but he was not.
- The fact that he is destined to die like Patroclus.
- The fact that he knew Patroclus died.
- The fact that Briseis doesn't love him like she loved Agamemnon.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Achilles accept from Agamemnon in this book?
- All the gifts previously offered as well as Briseis.
- His promise to kill Hector.
- His position as leader of the Achaean army.
- His chariot, his daughter and his hut.
3. What does Thetis promise to do at the start of book 19?
- Prevent Patroclus' body from rotting whilst Achilles is in battle.
- Convince Aphrodite to return Helen whilst Achilles is in battle.
- Protect the Achaean camp whilst Achilles is in battle.
- Ask Zeus to resurrect Patroclus whilst Achilles is in battle.
4. Why does Briseis mourn for Patroclus?
- He had rescued her from an abusive relationship in her homeland.
- He was kind to her when she was first taken from her homeland.
- He had saved her from the hands of the Trojans in a previous battle.
- He was the man that brought her to Achilles in the first place.
5. Why does Zeus decide to send Athene to Achilles in this book?
- He is moved by Achilles' refusal to eat.
- He wants her to convince him not to go to battle.
- He wants her to give him a message from Thetis.
- He wants her to give him a protective breastplate.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: