1. What does Achilles accept from Agamemnon in this book?
- His promise to kill Hector.
- All the gifts previously offered as well as Briseis.
- His chariot, his daughter and his hut.
- His position as leader of the Achaean army.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does Zeus decide to send Athene to Achilles in this book?
- He is moved by Achilles' refusal to eat.
- He wants her to give him a protective breastplate.
- He wants her to convince him not to go to battle.
- He wants her to give him a message from Thetis.
3. Which of Odysseus' suggestions does Achilles refuse?
- To offer a truce with the Trojans.
- To eat before battle.
- To ask Zeus for help in battle.
- To retreat from the Trojan ranks.
4. What does Athene do when she arrives at Achilles' camp?
- She fills his soul with bravery so that he is courageous enough to face Hector.
- She fills his stomach with water so he doesn't suffer with dehydration in battle.
- She fills his stomach with ambrosia so he doesn't suffer with hunger.
- She fills his heart with love and forgiveness so he doesn't feel the need to pursue Hector.
5. Who does Achilles reconcile with in this book?