1. What doesn't Achilles want to be reminded of when he goes off to battle?
- The fact that his mother was an immortal but he was not.
- The fact that he is destined to die like Patroclus.
- The fact that he knew Patroclus died.
- The fact that Briseis doesn't love him like she loved Agamemnon.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Athene do when she arrives at Achilles' camp?
- She fills his stomach with ambrosia so he doesn't suffer with hunger.
- She fills his stomach with water so he doesn't suffer with dehydration in battle.
- She fills his heart with love and forgiveness so he doesn't feel the need to pursue Hector.
- She fills his soul with bravery so that he is courageous enough to face Hector.
3. Why does Zeus decide to send Athene to Achilles in this book?
- He wants her to give him a protective breastplate.
- He wants her to convince him not to go to battle.
- He is moved by Achilles' refusal to eat.
- He wants her to give him a message from Thetis.
4. Who does Achilles reconcile with in this book?
5. Who does Achilles blame for leaving Patroclus to die in battle?
- His horses.
Similar Classical Civilization resources: