1. What IS NOT a function/power of the European Commission
- Acts as a 'guardian to the treaties' and ensure EU law is properly applied
- the EC has the sole right to draft legislation in most areas of the EU
- It legislates on any section of politics, including health and education
- Administers EU revenue and expenditure
- Administers ad Executes EU legislation and programmes
- Representing the EU on the world stage and with trade negotiations
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. how long is the Presidential term in the EU?
- 6 years
- I don't know
- 5 years
- 4 years so it is in time with the American Presidential Race
- 13 months
3. when did Britian finally join the EEC?
4. who composes the European Commission?
- I don't know
- Leading Minister/Official of each member state
- President and College of Commisioners
- Leading Officials of the largest country according to latest census
- Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande only (27/03/2016)
5. which is NOT a legislative function of the European Parliament?
- Foremost Legislative Procedure: the EP can argue for and initiate populist legislation
- Consent Procedure- Simple Majority Vote used to approve succession of new EU members
- Ordinary Legislative Procedure- they can amend and block proposed legislation.
- Consultation Procedure- it can be asked for its opinion but the Council and Commission aren't compelled to make action upon it.
Similar Government & Politics resources: