1. when did Britian finally join the EEC?
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Despite the limitations of the Lisbon Treaty there are how many MEPs overall?
- there are 751 MEPs
- there are 740 MEPs
- there are 766 MEPs
- there are 800 MEPs
- there are 37 MEPs
3. which is NOT a legislative function of the European Parliament?
- Foremost Legislative Procedure: the EP can argue for and initiate populist legislation
- Consent Procedure- Simple Majority Vote used to approve succession of new EU members
- Ordinary Legislative Procedure- they can amend and block proposed legislation.
- Consultation Procedure- it can be asked for its opinion but the Council and Commission aren't compelled to make action upon it.
4. The European Commission is similar to what part of 'the state'?
- its kinda like the Executive of the EU
- its kinda like the legislature of the EU
- its kinda like the Judicature of the EU
- don't know
- its kinda like the Commons of the EU
- Fusion of powers means that there is one body to the EU, the legislature, executive and the judicature combined
- its kinda like the Lords of the EU
5. How does the President achieve the position?
- I don't know
- They are elected by the citizens in the states that were originally part of the EEC
- They are nominated by the european Council by a QMV system
- They are elected by every citizen of the EU over 18
- They are appointed by HRH Elizabeth II
Similar Government & Politics resources: