1. What IS NOT a function/power of the European Commission
- Representing the EU on the world stage and with trade negotiations
- Administers EU revenue and expenditure
- It legislates on any section of politics, including health and education
- Administers ad Executes EU legislation and programmes
- Acts as a 'guardian to the treaties' and ensure EU law is properly applied
- the EC has the sole right to draft legislation in most areas of the EU
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the term Democratic Deficit really mean?
- the fact that Britain has the lead on the democratic pathway.
- the lack of clarity of democratic procedures in the governing process.
- the elitist nature of Michel's 'Iron Law of Oligarchy'
- the DemoKratus Bank in debt by $567,000 (12/04/2016)
3. How does the President achieve the position?
- They are nominated by the european Council by a QMV system
- They are elected by the citizens in the states that were originally part of the EEC
- They are appointed by HRH Elizabeth II
- They are elected by every citizen of the EU over 18
- I don't know
4. what is not a part of the European Court of Justice
- The Civil Service Tribnal
- The Court of Justice
- The House of Lords
- The General Court
5. The European Commission is similar to what part of 'the state'?
- Fusion of powers means that there is one body to the EU, the legislature, executive and the judicature combined
- don't know
- its kinda like the Commons of the EU
- its kinda like the Lords of the EU
- its kinda like the Judicature of the EU
- its kinda like the Executive of the EU
- its kinda like the legislature of the EU
Similar Government & Politics resources: