1. who composes the European Commission?
- Leading Officials of the largest country according to latest census
- Leading Minister/Official of each member state
- President and College of Commisioners
- Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande only (27/03/2016)
- I don't know
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does the President achieve the position?
- I don't know
- They are elected by the citizens in the states that were originally part of the EEC
- They are nominated by the european Council by a QMV system
- They are elected by every citizen of the EU over 18
- They are appointed by HRH Elizabeth II
3. What IS NOT a function/power of the European Commission
- Administers EU revenue and expenditure
- Acts as a 'guardian to the treaties' and ensure EU law is properly applied
- It legislates on any section of politics, including health and education
- Representing the EU on the world stage and with trade negotiations
- the EC has the sole right to draft legislation in most areas of the EU
- Administers ad Executes EU legislation and programmes
4. when did Britian finally join the EEC?
5. The European Commission is similar to what part of 'the state'?
- don't know
- its kinda like the Judicature of the EU
- its kinda like the legislature of the EU
- Fusion of powers means that there is one body to the EU, the legislature, executive and the judicature combined
- its kinda like the Lords of the EU
- its kinda like the Executive of the EU
- its kinda like the Commons of the EU
Similar Government & Politics resources: