1. What increases security for member countries?
- There has been money invested in security against Non-EU countries.
- The EU Counter Terrorism Act protects all states with measures like biometric passports to increase reliability.
- New terrorism laws have been put in place which all countries have to adhere to.
- The Security Act allows anyone who is suspicious to be arrested.
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many have adopted the Euro?
3. EU countries have to agree to laws, even if they contradict national ones. What does this do?
- Reduces independence.
- Increases crime.
- Causes more referendums like the UK 2016 Referendum.
- Creates a large community feel as countries help each other.
4. What has happened to trade with Europe for the UK?
- It has increased, but no accurate data to back this arguement
- It has increased: in 1970, 12% of GDP was from Europe trading; in 2002 23% of GDP was from EU trading
- It has decreased: in 1970, 23% of GDP was from Europe trading; in 2002 12% of GDP was from EU trading
- It has decreased due to trade with NICs and US increasing.
5. For NICs what is a major disadvantage of joining the EU?
- They have to adopt the Euro.
- The cost of joining is expensive- could be spent elsewhere.
- They have new trade links
- They have to join a cooperative unit and share resources