1. For NICs what is a major disadvantage of joining the EU?
- They have to adopt the Euro.
- They have to join a cooperative unit and share resources
- The cost of joining is expensive- could be spent elsewhere.
- They have new trade links
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did the EU first begin to form?
- Just after WW1
- Just after WW2
3. What impact has the Euro had?
- Made trade easier- no need to exchange as its consistent.
- Made trade more difficult- it has a bad exchange rate.
- Made no difference- partnerships were already close.
4. What increases security for member countries?
- There has been money invested in security against Non-EU countries.
- The EU Counter Terrorism Act protects all states with measures like biometric passports to increase reliability.
- New terrorism laws have been put in place which all countries have to adhere to.
- The Security Act allows anyone who is suspicious to be arrested.
5. EU countries have to agree to laws, even if they contradict national ones. What does this do?
- Causes more referendums like the UK 2016 Referendum.
- Creates a large community feel as countries help each other.
- Reduces independence.
- Increases crime.