1. EU countries have to agree to laws, even if they contradict national ones. What does this do?
- Reduces independence.
- Increases crime.
- Causes more referendums like the UK 2016 Referendum.
- Creates a large community feel as countries help each other.
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the common fisheries policy involve?
- FIshing grounds are open to any member state, there are also quotas and fish nets size rules.
- All fish caught is pooled, and then divided equally.
- Means fish can be traded freely.
- Mean the ocean is divided equally between countries to fish.
3. What impact has the Euro had?
- Made no difference- partnerships were already close.
- Made trade easier- no need to exchange as its consistent.
- Made trade more difficult- it has a bad exchange rate.
4. When did the EU officially form with it's current name?
5. For NICs what is a major disadvantage of joining the EU?
- They have new trade links
- The cost of joining is expensive- could be spent elsewhere.
- They have to join a cooperative unit and share resources
- They have to adopt the Euro.