- Catalyses the breakdown of starch
- Removes starch
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The explanation of how enzymes work is called...
- The lock and key theory - just as a key will only open one lock, an enzyme will only work on one type of substrate
- The enzyme-substrate complex
3. Do enzymes take part in the chemical reaction?
- No they only speed it up
4. Does an enzyme and a substrate react together or just join?
5. A protein will have...
- Hundreds or even thousands of amino acids
- No amino acids
- 23 amino acids
- One amino acids