1. Enzymes have to attach and make contact with a substrate, for this...
- The shapes must match so that they can lock together
- The shapes must melt so they can fit in
- The enzymes must adapt
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Enzymes are...
- Specific (they must match the shape of the active site)
- Adaptable (they don't have to match the shape of the active site)
3. The sequence of the amino acids gives the protein its identity and properties...
4. The explanation of how enzymes work is called...
- The lock and key theory - just as a key will only open one lock, an enzyme will only work on one type of substrate
- The enzyme-substrate complex
5. What is the substance that an enzyme works on?
- Amino acid