1. Which proteins control all the chemical reactions which occur in cells?
- Muscle tissue
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Amino acid chains are folded in a particular way to form a...
- 3D shape which is different for every protein and essential to the function of the enzyme
- 2D shape which is different for every protein and essential to the function of the enzyme
3. The explanation of how enzymes work is called...
- The lock and key theory - just as a key will only open one lock, an enzyme will only work on one type of substrate
- The enzyme-substrate complex
4. What will happen if an enzyme is boiled?
- The shape of its active site will change and the substrate will no longer fit
5. The shapes must fit together for the enzyme to catalyse the breakdown of the substrate