1. The explanation of how enzymes work is called...
- The lock and key theory - just as a key will only open one lock, an enzyme will only work on one type of substrate
- The enzyme-substrate complex
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are proteins made of?
- A chain of smaller molecules called amino acids
3. Amino acid chains are folded in a particular way to form a...
- 3D shape which is different for every protein and essential to the function of the enzyme
- 2D shape which is different for every protein and essential to the function of the enzyme
4. What breaks the chemical bonds that hold an enzymes active site in shape?
5. If the pH is very far from the optimum, can the enzyme be denatured?
- Yes possibly
- No never