1. What is the function of bile?
- It is and alkaline that neutralises acidic conditions in the small intestine.
- It helps break down fatty acids in the stomach.
- It is used in the mouth to break down sugars in the mouth.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why do biological washing powders work more efficiently than non-biological powders?
- They work at a lower temperature.
- They need high temperatures to work.
- Enzymes slow down digestion of food stains.
3. Why are proteases used in baby foods?
- The protease pre-digests protein so the baby can digest it more easily
- To make the food taste better for the baby.
4. Give one types of reaction controlled by enzymes in the cells.
- Large molecules to small molecules (Either way)
- The reaction of proteins converting into amino acids
- All the reactions in the cytoplasm
5. Which acid is produced by the stomach?
- Lactic acid.
- Fatty acids.
- Hydrochloric acid
- Amino acids