Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Which of these is not one of Robin Lakoff's politeness frameworks?
- BE FRIENDLY
- TAKE TURNS
- GIVE OPTIONS
- DON'T IMPOSE
7. Labov's research highlighted the issue of convergence- what is this?
- Changing our speech style to fit in with a certain group
- Changing your dialect to make people think you are more educated
- Forming a group based on similar speech styles
- Being friends with people of a similar dialect to you
8. If you were the submissive talker in a conversation, what would you be according to Fairclough?
- The equal encounter
- The less equal encounter
- The non-powerful participant
- The powerful participant