1. Who suggets that women talk about themes such as family, while men discuss money?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which theorist suggested the idea of synthetic personalisation?
3. Labov studied how social class affected language.
- False - it was actually Lakoff
- False - it was actually Trudgill
4. Which theorist suggests that women are less effective in their language?
5. When interruptions in a mixed-sex conversation happen, the pause afterwards is longer than a pause in a single-sex conversation. Who said this?
- Brown and Levinson
- Zimmerman and West