1. What are hyperboles?
- Words that identify the action of a sentence.
- Referring to something outside of the text.
- When a word is missed out of the text.
- When exaggeration is used for effect.
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is amelioration?
- An extended piece of written or spoken language.
- When a word develops a negative meaning over time.
- Words with opposite meanings.
- When a word develops a positive meaning over time.
3. What is broadening?
- When a word becomes more general over time.
- The linking of ideas in texts to ensure the text makes sense.
- When a words meaning becomes negative.
- The literal meaning of the word.
4. What is blending?
- A word that sounds like a noise.
- Another word for brackets.
- When parts of words are combined to make a new one.
- A group of texts with a particular form or purpose.
5. What is an active voice?
- When two words are combined to make a new one.
- When words from another language are used.
- When the subject is directly performing the verb.
- It describes a word.