1. "photosynthesis" is an example of what lexis?
- Latinate lexis
- modernate lexis
- French lexis
- archaic lexis
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Spot the fillers in this transcript. mum:" what do you want for tea?" K:"erm, dunno?" Mum:"hmm.. what about spag boll?" K:"err. K"
- erm, hmm,err
- dunno and k
3. Pick out the collocation in this sentence. "The man went to buy fish n chips for tea"
- Fish n Chips
- for tea
- The man
- to buy
4. Name the behaviourist theorist.
- brown and levinson
5. Name the four politeness strategies.
- bold, bold on record, off-record, negative politeness.
- face, saving face, negative face, face threatening.
- polite, impolite, negative, posotive
- nice, kind, nasty, mean