1. Making a reference back to an already stated lexical item is called....
- Anaphoric reference
- Cataphoric reference
- Anaphora reference
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is semantic field?
- Groups of words connected by meaning
- Groups of words connected by a shared field of reference
- Groups of words connected by grammar
3. What is phonology?
- The study of sounds in a language
- The study of variety in a language
- The study of visual features in a language
4. What is deixis?
- Context-bound words
- Context free words
- Restricted words
5. What is the name for deriving implied meanings?