1. What are pragmatics?
- Hidden meanings
- A unit of sound
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the correct name for a formation of a new word?
3. What is the name for deriving implied meanings?
4. What is a diphthong?
- A plosive sound made in the mouth by combining a consonant sound
- A vowel sound that is made by combining two separate sounds
- A linguistic study
5. How does dialect differ from Standard English?
- By lexis and grammatical variation
- By lexis
- Depends on region only