1. What is semantic field?
- Groups of words connected by meaning
- Groups of words connected by a shared field of reference
- Groups of words connected by grammar
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is phonology?
- The study of sounds in a language
- The study of variety in a language
- The study of visual features in a language
3. Making a reference back to an already stated lexical item is called....
- Anaphoric reference
- Cataphoric reference
- Anaphora reference
4. What is it called when someone says things such as 'erm'?
- Back channel behaviour
5. What is aspect?
- Something that describes what an action is
- Another element that marks the time of an event
- Something that describes whether an action will happen or is going to happen