1. How does dialect differ from Standard English?
- Depends on region only
- By lexis and grammatical variation
- By lexis
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a diphthong?
- A plosive sound made in the mouth by combining a consonant sound
- A vowel sound that is made by combining two separate sounds
- A linguistic study
3. Which is an example of a figurative language device?
- Short sentences
4. What is accent?
- How we speak
- How we speak depending on region
- The words we say depending on region
5. What is deixis?
- Context-bound words
- Context free words
- Restricted words