1. To threaten someone's positive face....
- Argue, report, disrespect, copy
- Disapprove, disagree, accuse, interrupt
- Shout, get in there face, ignore
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the three elements of persuasion
- Threatening, shouting, arguing
- Personality&stance, arousal of emotion, reasoning
- Reasoning, feelings, laughing
3. Goffman said that to maintain face during a conversation you need to....?
- Respect, listen, not invade
- Overlap, ignore, shout
- Be silent, never ask questions
- Turns that challenge someone's face
- Turns that agree with someone's face
- Turns that ignore someone's face
5. Goffman proposed what....?
- Equal face: desire to remain equal in conversations
- Positive face: desire to seem worthy, negative face: desire to be autonomous
- Negative face: desire to seem worthy, positive face: desire to be autonomous