1. Prosodics is the study of what?
- How speakers can shape meanings through emphasising certain aspects of intonation, speed and volume
- The area of study that refers to the more abstract sound system
- The area of study concerned with investigating how sounds are actually produced by language users
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Cosmetic Surgery is an example of a what?
3. A break from the pattern which is set up in the text is known as what?
- Internal Deviation
- External Deviation
4. What are 'there' and 'their' an example of? and what are they
- Homophone -words pronounced the same but have different meanings and may have different spellings
- Heterephone- words that have the same spelling but very different pronunciation and meanings
5. A verbal pointing word that situate a speaker or writer in relation to what is said and are therefore context-bound e.g. here, there, this, that
- Discourse Marker
- Conversational Repair