1. A break from the pattern which is set up in the text is known as what?
- Internal Deviation
- External Deviation
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are 'there' and 'their' an example of? and what are they
- Homophone -words pronounced the same but have different meanings and may have different spellings
- Heterephone- words that have the same spelling but very different pronunciation and meanings
3. What is an ellipsis
- The omission of words for economical reasons or because the context means that the person listening understands the shortened utterance
- A series of dots
- a word or phrase that returns the conversation to a previous topic
4. What is the definition that describes the distinctive features an individual's particular language or speech patterns that marks them out as an individual?
5. A verbal pointing word that situate a speaker or writer in relation to what is said and are therefore context-bound e.g. here, there, this, that
- Conversational Repair
- Discourse Marker