1. What are 'there' and 'their' an example of? and what are they
- Homophone -words pronounced the same but have different meanings and may have different spellings
- Heterephone- words that have the same spelling but very different pronunciation and meanings
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an ellipsis
- a word or phrase that returns the conversation to a previous topic
- The omission of words for economical reasons or because the context means that the person listening understands the shortened utterance
- A series of dots
3. A verbal pointing word that situate a speaker or writer in relation to what is said and are therefore context-bound e.g. here, there, this, that
- Discourse Marker
- Conversational Repair
4. What is the definition that describes the distinctive features an individual's particular language or speech patterns that marks them out as an individual?
5. Cosmetic Surgery is an example of a what?