1. More efficient machines ....
- Do the job better
- Don't break as easily
- Waste less energy
- Waste more energy
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The thickness of an arrow on a sankey diagram shows...
- The energy that is saved
- The amount of energy
- The energy that is lost
- The amount of waves
3. Define Specific Latent Heat
- The amount of energy needed to change the state of 1kg of substance without a change in temperature
- Energy needed to change state
- Specific heat capacity but without a change in temperature
4. What is the best surface for emitting and absorbing heat radiation?
- Shiny white
- Matt black
- Matt white
- Shiny Black
5. What is convection?
- The net movement of particles against the concentration difference
- When more energetic particles pass on their energy to neighbouring particles
- When more energetic particles move from the hotter region to the cooler region taking their energy with them
- When heat is transferred through a vacuum by infrared waves