1. What is convection?
- When more energetic particles pass on their energy to neighbouring particles
- When more energetic particles move from the hotter region to the cooler region taking their energy with them
- The net movement of particles against the concentration difference
- When heat is transferred through a vacuum by infrared waves
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a thermogram?
- A way to insulate the house by using thick materials
- A picture that shows electrical signatures
- It is a picture which shows heat signatures through the use of colours
- A different name for a fax
3. Heat is a measure of what?
4. What is conduction?
- The net movement of particles
- The movement of particles from hot to cold
- The process where vibrating particles pass on extra kinetic energy to neighbouring particles
- When heat is transferred through an infrared wave
5. Define Specific Heat Capacity
- How much energy stuff can store
- The amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of 1kg of substance by 1*C
- The amount of energy needed to change the state of 1kg of substance without a change in temperature