1. The thickness of an arrow on a sankey diagram shows...
- The amount of energy
- The amount of waves
- The energy that is lost
- The energy that is saved
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is convection?
- The net movement of particles against the concentration difference
- When more energetic particles pass on their energy to neighbouring particles
- When more energetic particles move from the hotter region to the cooler region taking their energy with them
- When heat is transferred through a vacuum by infrared waves
3. What is conduction?
- The process where vibrating particles pass on extra kinetic energy to neighbouring particles
- The movement of particles from hot to cold
- When heat is transferred through an infrared wave
- The net movement of particles
4. Temperature is a measure of what?
5. More efficient machines ....
- Waste less energy
- Waste more energy
- Do the job better
- Don't break as easily