1. Temperature is a measure of what?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is convection?
- The net movement of particles against the concentration difference
- When more energetic particles pass on their energy to neighbouring particles
- When more energetic particles move from the hotter region to the cooler region taking their energy with them
- When heat is transferred through a vacuum by infrared waves
3. What is a thermogram?
- It is a picture which shows heat signatures through the use of colours
- A way to insulate the house by using thick materials
- A picture that shows electrical signatures
- A different name for a fax
4. More efficient machines ....
- Do the job better
- Waste less energy
- Waste more energy
- Don't break as easily
5. Define Specific Latent Heat
- The amount of energy needed to change the state of 1kg of substance without a change in temperature
- Energy needed to change state
- Specific heat capacity but without a change in temperature