1. Define Specific Heat Capacity
- How much energy stuff can store
- The amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of 1kg of substance by 1*C
- The amount of energy needed to change the state of 1kg of substance without a change in temperature
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is conduction?
- When heat is transferred through an infrared wave
- The net movement of particles
- The process where vibrating particles pass on extra kinetic energy to neighbouring particles
- The movement of particles from hot to cold
3. What is convection?
- When more energetic particles move from the hotter region to the cooler region taking their energy with them
- When heat is transferred through a vacuum by infrared waves
- The net movement of particles against the concentration difference
- When more energetic particles pass on their energy to neighbouring particles
4. The thickness of an arrow on a sankey diagram shows...
- The energy that is lost
- The energy that is saved
- The amount of energy
- The amount of waves
5. More efficient machines ....
- Do the job better
- Waste less energy
- Waste more energy
- Don't break as easily