1. Why did Joe shoot Jed Parry?
- He wanted Jed to die
- He was trying to stop Jed from killing himself
- It was self defence
- He was trying to stop Jed from killing Clarissa
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the first thing Parry tries to get Joe to do?
- Have a relationship with him
- Talk about the balloon accident
- Hug him
3. Why is Clarissa suspicious about Jed's letters?
- The handwriting looks like Joe's
- Joe doesn't give enough details about them
- They did not make sense
- There were too many
4. What did Ian McEwan say about the beginning of the novel?
- Joe should be revealed to be scientific and factual
- He wanted it to be like an addictive drug
- It should incorporate all the main characters
- Joe and Clarissa's relationship should look stable
5. How many messages did Jed leave on Joe's answer machine?
Similar English Literature resources: