1. Why is Clarissa suspicious about Jed's letters?
- There were too many
- Joe doesn't give enough details about them
- The handwriting looks like Joe's
- They did not make sense
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where is Parry when he speaks to Joe on the phone for the first time?
- In a cafe on Joe's local high street on his mobile
- On his mobile outside Joe's house
- The phone box at the end of Joe's road
- At home on the phone
3. What did Ian McEwan say about the beginning of the novel?
- Joe should be revealed to be scientific and factual
- He wanted it to be like an addictive drug
- It should incorporate all the main characters
- Joe and Clarissa's relationship should look stable
4. How many messages did Jed leave on Joe's answer machine?
5. Why did Joe shoot Jed Parry?
- He wanted Jed to die
- He was trying to stop Jed from killing himself
- It was self defence
- He was trying to stop Jed from killing Clarissa
Similar English Literature resources: