1. Where is Parry when he speaks to Joe on the phone for the first time?
- The phone box at the end of Joe's road
- On his mobile outside Joe's house
- At home on the phone
- In a cafe on Joe's local high street on his mobile
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is Clarissa suspicious about Jed's letters?
- Joe doesn't give enough details about them
- They did not make sense
- The handwriting looks like Joe's
- There were too many
3. What did Ian McEwan say about the beginning of the novel?
- He wanted it to be like an addictive drug
- Joe and Clarissa's relationship should look stable
- It should incorporate all the main characters
- Joe should be revealed to be scientific and factual
4. How many messages did Jed leave on Joe's answer machine?
5. What is the first thing Parry tries to get Joe to do?
- Have a relationship with him
- Hug him
- Talk about the balloon accident
Similar English Literature resources: