1. How many messages did Jed leave on Joe's answer machine?
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Joe shoot Jed Parry?
- He wanted Jed to die
- He was trying to stop Jed from killing himself
- It was self defence
- He was trying to stop Jed from killing Clarissa
3. Why is Clarissa suspicious about Jed's letters?
- The handwriting looks like Joe's
- They did not make sense
- There were too many
- Joe doesn't give enough details about them
4. What did Ian McEwan say about the beginning of the novel?
- Joe and Clarissa's relationship should look stable
- It should incorporate all the main characters
- He wanted it to be like an addictive drug
- Joe should be revealed to be scientific and factual
5. What is the first thing Parry tries to get Joe to do?
- Have a relationship with him
- Hug him
- Talk about the balloon accident
Similar English Literature resources: