1. What is the first thing Parry tries to get Joe to do?
- Have a relationship with him
- Talk about the balloon accident
- Hug him
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is Clarissa suspicious about Jed's letters?
- The handwriting looks like Joe's
- They did not make sense
- There were too many
- Joe doesn't give enough details about them
3. What did Ian McEwan say about the beginning of the novel?
- He wanted it to be like an addictive drug
- It should incorporate all the main characters
- Joe should be revealed to be scientific and factual
- Joe and Clarissa's relationship should look stable
4. Where is Parry when he speaks to Joe on the phone for the first time?
- The phone box at the end of Joe's road
- On his mobile outside Joe's house
- At home on the phone
- In a cafe on Joe's local high street on his mobile
5. How many messages did Jed leave on Joe's answer machine?
Similar English Literature resources: