1. Where is Parry when he speaks to Joe on the phone for the first time?
- At home on the phone
- The phone box at the end of Joe's road
- On his mobile outside Joe's house
- In a cafe on Joe's local high street on his mobile
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did Joe shoot Jed Parry?
- It was self defence
- He was trying to stop Jed from killing himself
- He was trying to stop Jed from killing Clarissa
- He wanted Jed to die
3. What is the first thing Parry tries to get Joe to do?
- Talk about the balloon accident
- Hug him
- Have a relationship with him
4. What did Ian McEwan say about the beginning of the novel?
- Joe and Clarissa's relationship should look stable
- He wanted it to be like an addictive drug
- Joe should be revealed to be scientific and factual
- It should incorporate all the main characters
5. Why is Clarissa suspicious about Jed's letters?
- There were too many
- The handwriting looks like Joe's
- They did not make sense
- Joe doesn't give enough details about them
Similar English Literature resources: