1. What did serfs have to do as a consequence of emancipation?
- Pay redemption payments to the government
- Quit working for the land owners
- Move house
- Live in the cities
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the elders in the mir do?
- Represented the pesants in government
- Have control over land redistribution
- Controlled who the serfs worked for
3. After emancipation who controlled the serfs?
- They controlled themselves
- Still the land owners
- The mir
- The government
4. What year were the serfs emancipated?
5. What did serfdom encourage in Russia?
- Substinance agriculture
- Economic change
- Political unrest