1. What did serfdom encourage in Russia?
- Political unrest
- Substinance agriculture
- Economic change
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What year were the serfs emancipated?
3. What did the elders in the mir do?
- Have control over land redistribution
- Controlled who the serfs worked for
- Represented the pesants in government
4. Who were the serfs owned by?
- The mir
- The government
- The land owners
- They weren't owned by anyone
5. What did serfs have to do as a consequence of emancipation?
- Live in the cities
- Pay redemption payments to the government
- Move house
- Quit working for the land owners