- Created by: CharlotteCollins4
- Created on: 16-04-15 10:40
1. What did the elders in the mir do?
- Have control over land redistribution
- Controlled who the serfs worked for
- Represented the pesants in government
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did serfs have to do as a consequence of emancipation?
- Quit working for the land owners
- Pay redemption payments to the government
- Live in the cities
- Move house
3. What did serfdom encourage in Russia?
- Economic change
- Substinance agriculture
- Political unrest
4. To leave the village, who did the serfs have to get permission from?
- The government
- The mir
- The village elders
- The land owners
5. What year were the serfs emancipated?