1. What is a deictic?
- Closing ritual
- Context- dependent instruction
- Repetition at the start and the end of a text
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is phatic communication?
- Small talk
- Closing rituals
- Negative politeness
3. Which of these is an example of asyndetic list?
- Tonight I will talk to him; I will tell him tonight
- We bought bananas, apples, oranges, plums and peaches
- We bought bananas and apples and oranges and plums and peaches
4. Which of these is NOT an example of monitering?
- Does God listen to us?
5. Is 'do you wanna' an example of elision or ellipsis?
Similar English Language & Literature resources: