1. What is a deictic?
- Context- dependent instruction
- Repetition at the start and the end of a text
- Closing ritual
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. 'and that' and 'and stuff' are examples of what?
- Vague completors
- Tag questions
3. Which of these is an example of asyndetic list?
- Tonight I will talk to him; I will tell him tonight
- We bought bananas, apples, oranges, plums and peaches
- We bought bananas and apples and oranges and plums and peaches
4. Which of these is NOT an example of monitering?
- Does God listen to us?
5. What is phatic communication?
- Negative politeness
- Small talk
- Closing rituals
Similar English Language & Literature resources: