1. When did Elizabeth fall ill with smallpox?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did Elizabeth intervene with Parliament to prevent the discussion of foreign affairs?
- 1586 and 1601
- 1571 and 1593
- 1572 and 1598
- 1563 and 1571
3. What was the 1570s pamphlet 'Leicester's Commonwealth'?
- It claimed Leicester dominated England with his 'Puritan Faction' and controlled the Privy Council and the Queen
- It was written by Catholic Propagandists, attacking Elizabeth for favoritising Leicester
- It made the Cecil-Leicester rivalry publicly known
4. Who believes Elizabeth was "loyally served by her courtiers"?
- David Starkey
- Christopher Haigh
- Dale Hoak
- Simon Adams
5. When was Peter Wentworth imprisoned for advocating freedom of speech for MPs?