1. When did Elizabeth intervene with Parliament to prevent the discussion of foreign affairs?
- 1572 and 1598
- 1571 and 1593
- 1563 and 1571
- 1586 and 1601
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who believes that Elizabeth's tendency to rule through personal relationships undermined her effectiveness?
- Christopher Haigh
- David Loades
- Simon Adams
- Jennifer Loach
3. How many times was Parliament summoned during Elizabeth's reign?
- 5 times
- 13 times
- 24 times
- 15 times
4. Over what issue did the Privy Council split in 1567?
- Whether Elizabeth should marry the Catholic Archduke Charles of Austria (Leciester for, Cecil against)
- Whether to execute Mary Queen of Scots (Cecil for, Elizabeth against)
- Whether Elizabeth should marry Leicester (Leciester for, Cecil against)
- Whether to give military aid to the Protestant rebels in the Netherlands (Leciester for, Cecil against)
5. How often did the Privy Council meet?
- twice a week, then fortnightly from the 1590s
- three times a week, then daily from the 1590s
- once a week, then daily from the 1590s
- four times a week, then once a week from the 1590s