1. Who believes "Elizabeth played the factions one against the other"?
- David Loades
- Susan Doran
- John Neale
- Jennifer Loach
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How often did the Privy Council meet?
- twice a week, then fortnightly from the 1590s
- three times a week, then daily from the 1590s
- once a week, then daily from the 1590s
- four times a week, then once a week from the 1590s
3. When was Peter Wentworth imprisoned for advocating freedom of speech for MPs?
4. What was the 1570s pamphlet 'Leicester's Commonwealth'?
- It claimed Leicester dominated England with his 'Puritan Faction' and controlled the Privy Council and the Queen
- It was written by Catholic Propagandists, attacking Elizabeth for favoritising Leicester
- It made the Cecil-Leicester rivalry publicly known
5. Who believes Elizabeth was "loyally served by her courtiers"?
- David Starkey
- Christopher Haigh
- Dale Hoak
- Simon Adams