1. The tonality of this piece is ____
- Very dissonant
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Steve Reich's opinion on rhythm for this piece is that:
- 'What's a rhythm?'
- 'Rhythmic Counterpoint is as important as the melody'
- 'As long as the melody sounds great, the rhythm doesn't really matter'
3. What is Steve Reich's first name?
4. Ostinati are used throughout the piece, what is an ostinato?
- A continually repeated musical phrase or rhythm
- A technique where notes are gradually added, note by note
- A technique where different melodies eventually create one main melody
5. What does the bass guitar reinforce in this piece?
- The time signature and the key
- The resultant melody
- The main melodic idea