1. Steve Reich's opinion on rhythm for this piece is that:
- 'What's a rhythm?'
- 'Rhythmic Counterpoint is as important as the melody'
- 'As long as the melody sounds great, the rhythm doesn't really matter'
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the main texture of this piece?
3. How is a layering effect created in this piece?
- By overlapping many different loops over an elongated period of time
- By introducing all of the instruments together and slowly removing each instrument
4. What is Steve Reich's first name?
5. Ostinati are used throughout the piece, what is an ostinato?
- A technique where different melodies eventually create one main melody
- A continually repeated musical phrase or rhythm
- A technique where notes are gradually added, note by note