1. How is a layering effect created in this piece?
- By overlapping many different loops over an elongated period of time
- By introducing all of the instruments together and slowly removing each instrument
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the main texture of this piece?
3. What is the tempo of this piece?
- Very fast
- Quite fast
4. Reich moves from section A to section B by...
- Modulation (key change)
- Perfect cadence
- Change of instrumentation
5. What does the bass guitar reinforce in this piece?
- The time signature and the key
- The resultant melody
- The main melodic idea