1. In South America, El Niño causes....
- High air pressure
- Low air pressure
- No air pressure
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these are true
- There is no effect on New Zealand, Australia and India
- Rainfall is decreased in New Zealand, Australia and India during El Niño
- Rainfall is increased in New Zealand, Australia and India during El Niño
3. What happens in Australia during El Niño?
- An increase in wildfires and droughts
- Heavy rainfall and flooding
- Thunderstorms, lightning and hurricanes
- Snow, ice and frost
4. Which one of these applies to El Niño?
- Cold water from Peru is repressed
- Warm water from Peru is repressed
- Warm water from Peru rises to form a storm surge
- Hurricanes occur in England
5. Which of these are false?
- Weak trade winds cause westward flow
- Weak trade winds cause eastward flow
Similar Geography resources: