1. What sociologist came up with the' A-C economy?
- Rostenthal + Jacobson
- Gillborn + Youdell
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What sociologist suggests that students often 'drift' into different responses depending on what class they're in or who is teaching them?
- John Furlong
- Peter Woods
3. What is the Marxist perspective on the labelling theory?
- They agree with it because of the fact that labelling occurs in the workplace as well as in schools due to capitalism forcing labelling upon us
- They don't have any opinion on the subject
- They criticise it for ignoring the wider structures of power within which labelling takes place. Labelling isn't just teachers prejudices but stem from the fact teachers work in a system of class divisions
- They like the labelling theory and agree with it on all levels
4. Why do some sociologists believe the labelling theory is 'deterministic?'
- They do not
- Because it just assumes that the pupil will accept their label. Many students are anomalies and reject or ignore the labels they are given
- Because it just assumes people will reject the theory when they can actually accept it
- Sociologiusts all believe in the labelling theory, no one thinks it is deterministic
5. What is the correct definition of labelling?
- The process of attaching a definition or meaning to an individual or group
- The process of labelling an individual or group
- Labelling an individual or a group
- The process of attaching an interpretation to a group or individual
Similar Sociology resources: