1. Who says that in quasi-markets 'providers have a freedom to act and to innovate in a way that other models do not allow, especially models that involve targets and performance management'?
- Le Grand
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who distinguishes between S-type (selection: cream-skimming) and E-type (efficiency improvement) competition?
3. Who finds that competition between schools (5 or more perceived competitors) has a positive impact on examination results?
4. Who finds that in the 1960s and 1970s non-selective education did raise educational outcomes for the average and below average income child?
- Glennerster and Low
- Rutter et al.
5. Which of the following is not one of the Coalition government's five pillars for education?
- teachers as leaders (performance based pay)
- academies introduced
- schools should be self-improving
- increasing rigour of the curriculum
- social services linked more closely to education
- character and resilience of education - clearer links between ed and the labour market