1. Which of the following is not one of the Coalition government's five pillars for education?
- teachers as leaders (performance based pay)
- academies introduced
- social services linked more closely to education
- schools should be self-improving
- increasing rigour of the curriculum
- character and resilience of education - clearer links between ed and the labour market
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who distinguishes between S-type (selection: cream-skimming) and E-type (efficiency improvement) competition?
3. Who finds that in the 1960s and 1970s non-selective education did raise educational outcomes for the average and below average income child?
- Glennerster and Low
- Rutter et al.
4. Which of the following is not one of Taylor et al.'s steps in the development of school diversity?
- homogenization of provision 1960s-1980s
- neo-conservative increased marketization of schools 1980-1997
- diversification under new labour
- introduction of free church schools
- plurality of school provision 1944-1960s
5. When were comprehensive schools introduced?