1. Which of the following is NOT why Instant messaging is popular?
- People can work collaboratively and discuss their views
- You can use it through certain mobiles, PDAs and other portable devices
- You need internet access to use IM
- The user can see who is online and decide if they want a conversation
- It provides quick and easy communication in real time
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is an advantage of using IM?
- Use of text language could affect writing skilss
- If the connection is slow, this could impact on the real-time feature
- You are able to set the status so that people know if you are available to talk or busy
- Overuse of IM could result in less face-face contact
- You may prefer to chat rather than type a message
3. What has been invented to combat the lack of emotion in IM?
- Capital letters
4. Which of these components do you NOT need for VoIP?
- Internet connection
5. Which of these is an advantage of VoIP?
- Users do not have a geographical telephone number so signal cannot be tracked down in the case of an emergency call
- It is free
- It will only work with internet connection
- A slow internet connection can cause latency
Similar ICT resources: