- Created by: Mabel
- Created on: 13-06-12 18:27
1. P.J. and P.L. Brantingham developed the idea that criminal activity occurs in areas which are 'cognitively known' by the criminal/offender.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is ecological, environmental approach?
- An attempt to explain the connection between the biography of the criminal and the likelihood for criminal behaviour
- An attempt to make a link between the physical environment and tendencies for criminal/non-criminal behaviour
- An attempts to explain the complications of victimisation
3. Cohen and Felson argue that crime occurs as a result of the lack of....
- A 'capable guardian'
- Efficient policing
- 'Differential Association'
4. What is the 'Cultural Transmission' Theory?
- Differences in culture in a particular area
- How criminal norms and values are passed on from one generation to the next, seeing crime as normal and 'socially acceptable?
- A process of intensified criminal behaviour
5. Who created this theory?
- Shaw and McKay
- Park and Burgess