1. How much in the USA in 1998 was spent on treating obesity?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is NPY(neuropeptide)
- NT that increases food intake and storage of energy as fat and decrease of physical activity
- NT that mediates between appetite
- NT that controls eating behaviour
- NT that stops you feeling hungry
3. As weight is lost, body fat us reduced and this decreases levels of leptin, this interacts with the NPY neurone and the appetite is...
4. What did Braet & Crombez find?
- Food related illnesses were due to bad thought processes
- Bad health from obesity was linked to the hypothalamus
- Obese children were more sensitive to food words - hypersensitivity shows initiation and maintenance of maladaptive thought processes can trigger bad eating behaviour
- That obese children ate more than children who weren't obese
5. DiMeglio & Mates investigated the effects if liquid versus solid carbohydrate effects on food intake and body weight. What do you think happened?
- They gained weight because there was a lot of sugar and salt in the drinks compared to the carbohydrates
- They lost weight because the drink made them feel bloated rather than full
- They gained weight significantly in liquid period because the body does not register it has eaten and eats more
- They lost weight because the liquids did not have as much nutrients that the body needed