1. What did Braet & Crombez find?
- Food related illnesses were due to bad thought processes
- Obese children were more sensitive to food words - hypersensitivity shows initiation and maintenance of maladaptive thought processes can trigger bad eating behaviour
- That obese children ate more than children who weren't obese
- Bad health from obesity was linked to the hypothalamus
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is NPY(neuropeptide)
- NT that controls eating behaviour
- NT that increases food intake and storage of energy as fat and decrease of physical activity
- NT that mediates between appetite
- NT that stops you feeling hungry
3. How much in the USA in 1998 was spent on treating obesity?
4. As weight is lost, body fat us reduced and this decreases levels of leptin, this interacts with the NPY neurone and the appetite is...
5. How is the cognitive theory used to explain obesity?
- It doesn't
- It is innate in some people's brain to eat more than others
- Elevated focus for food-related stimuli which can trigger strong emotional responses that lead to effects in eating
- Some people can't help being obese, it comes naturally