1. DiMeglio & Mates investigated the effects if liquid versus solid carbohydrate effects on food intake and body weight. What do you think happened?
- They lost weight because the drink made them feel bloated rather than full
- They gained weight significantly in liquid period because the body does not register it has eaten and eats more
- They gained weight because there was a lot of sugar and salt in the drinks compared to the carbohydrates
- They lost weight because the liquids did not have as much nutrients that the body needed
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Braet & Crombez find?
- Obese children were more sensitive to food words - hypersensitivity shows initiation and maintenance of maladaptive thought processes can trigger bad eating behaviour
- That obese children ate more than children who weren't obese
- Food related illnesses were due to bad thought processes
- Bad health from obesity was linked to the hypothalamus
3. (Behavioural theory)Where did Jackson believe the roots of obesity to be?
- Childhood, with children encouraged to believe that clearing their plate was the right thing to do making them a good child
- Adulthood, where eating more was more socially acceptable than eating less
- Sadness, where eating more made one feel better
- No where and it comes with age and decrease if metabolism
4. What health risks are linked to obesity?
- Cancer, diabetes, kidney stones
- Kidney stones, reubella, diabetes, cancer
- Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, increase in blood pressure
- Liver disease, polio, chicken pox
5. Where is leptin produced?