1. What did Braet & Crombez find?
- Food related illnesses were due to bad thought processes
- Bad health from obesity was linked to the hypothalamus
- Obese children were more sensitive to food words - hypersensitivity shows initiation and maintenance of maladaptive thought processes can trigger bad eating behaviour
- That obese children ate more than children who weren't obese
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much in the USA in 1998 was spent on treating obesity?
3. What is obesity?
- Eating too much so that you are overweight
- Anyone whose BMI is over 20kg
- Where excess fat accumulates to such an extent that BMI is 30kg or higher
- Being fat
4. The evolutionary theory regarding what triggers obesity says that
- Obesity doesn't exist
- Some people are naturally bigger than others because throughout evolution they were the longer lasting survivors in a pack
- Maladaptive instincts that developed at a time where food was scarce means that some modern humans continue to behave that food is scarce, resulting in over eating
- Obesity is innate and comes from an era where everyone was obese
5. The highest obesity rates are where and how much?
- South Pacific Islanders of Nauru with 80% obesity rate
- The USA
- Great Britain with 65% obesity rate
- Europe with the most obesity rate in the world