1. What did Braet & Crombez find?
- Bad health from obesity was linked to the hypothalamus
- Obese children were more sensitive to food words - hypersensitivity shows initiation and maintenance of maladaptive thought processes can trigger bad eating behaviour
- Food related illnesses were due to bad thought processes
- That obese children ate more than children who weren't obese
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. (Behavioural theory)Where did Jackson believe the roots of obesity to be?
- Childhood, with children encouraged to believe that clearing their plate was the right thing to do making them a good child
- No where and it comes with age and decrease if metabolism
- Adulthood, where eating more was more socially acceptable than eating less
- Sadness, where eating more made one feel better
3. How is the cognitive theory used to explain obesity?
- Elevated focus for food-related stimuli which can trigger strong emotional responses that lead to effects in eating
- It is innate in some people's brain to eat more than others
- Some people can't help being obese, it comes naturally
- It doesn't
4. What health risks are linked to obesity?
- Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, increase in blood pressure
- Cancer, diabetes, kidney stones
- Kidney stones, reubella, diabetes, cancer
- Liver disease, polio, chicken pox
5. As weight is lost, body fat us reduced and this decreases levels of leptin, this interacts with the NPY neurone and the appetite is...