1. What is a Caldera?
- A mega colossal volcano that erupts at least 1,000 km3 of material.
- A geothermal feature in which water erupts into the air under pressure.
- The depression of a Supervolcano marking the collapsed magma chamber.
- A section of the earths crust.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is Prediction?
- A way of memorising all the features of an earthquake.
- Constructing buildings so they are safe to live in and won't collapse.
- Attempts to forecast an event (where and when it will happen).
- organised activities and drills so people know what to do in the event of an earthquake.
3. What is a tsunami?
- Where two plates collide, causing the earth under to shake vigorously.
- A special wave often caused by an eartthquake that displaces water above it.
- A song.
- A special term for the destruction of marine featues (e.g. docks).
4. What is the Richter Scale?
- A logarithmic scale used for measuring earthquakes.
- A way of comparing two earthquakes.
- A way of measuring the width of the earthquake.
- A way of digitally recording earthquakes.
5. What is the Focus?
- The centre of an Earthquake that occurs below the Epicenter.
- The centre of an Earthquake.
- The edge of an Earthquake.
- The fancy name of the first shockwave.