1. What is a Caldera?
- A mega colossal volcano that erupts at least 1,000 km3 of material.
- A geothermal feature in which water erupts into the air under pressure.
- The depression of a Supervolcano marking the collapsed magma chamber.
- A section of the earths crust.
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the Richter Scale?
- A way of measuring the width of the earthquake.
- A logarithmic scale used for measuring earthquakes.
- A way of comparing two earthquakes.
- A way of digitally recording earthquakes.
3. What is a tsunami?
- A special wave often caused by an eartthquake that displaces water above it.
- A special term for the destruction of marine featues (e.g. docks).
- A song.
- Where two plates collide, causing the earth under to shake vigorously.
4. What is a destructive plate boundary?
- Where two plates meet.
- Where two plates move towards eachother.
- Where two plates move in parallel to eachother.
- Where two plates move apart.
5. What is the Focus?
- The fancy name of the first shockwave.
- The centre of an Earthquake that occurs below the Epicenter.
- The edge of an Earthquake.
- The centre of an Earthquake.