1. Give two properties of carbon steel
- Brittle, tough
- Hard and tough
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is welding?
- Two pieces of metal are melted together along the joint.
- A filler is melted between two materials
3. What is extrusion?
- Material is melted. Forced through a die under pressure. Produces long, continuous strips.
- Molten material forced into a closed mould under pressure. Melted by built in heaters. Mould opens, product removed.
4. What is casting
- An object made by pouring molten metal or other material into a mould.
- Made by placing a molten substance in a vacuum bag
5. Give two properties of mahogany?
- Durable, strong
- Ductile and plasticity
Similar Design & Technology: Resistant Materials resources: