1. What is extrusion?
- Material is melted. Forced through a die under pressure. Produces long, continuous strips.
- Molten material forced into a closed mould under pressure. Melted by built in heaters. Mould opens, product removed.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give two properties of epoxy resin
- hard, good electrical insulator
- Soft, durable
3. What is shear strength?
- The ability to resist strong sliding forces.
- The ability to resist sudden shocks and blows.
4. Give two properties of urea formaldehyde
- Hard, brittle, good electric insulator
- Strong, good insulator
5. What is casting
- An object made by pouring molten metal or other material into a mould.
- Made by placing a molten substance in a vacuum bag