1. How do anxiolytics work on the nervous system?
- Increase GABA in the brain
- Decrease GABA in the brain
- Increase the amount of noradrenaline produced
- Decrease the amount of noradrenaline produced
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which form of drug administration is not used when giving benzodiazepines?
- Intravenous Injection
3. Which of these groups of drugs block transmission in motor nerves?
- Neuromuscular blocking drugs
4. Which of the following statements cannot be applied to local anaesthetics?
- They are long acting
- Lidocaine and pridlocaine are examples of local anaesthetics
- They are used for analgesia and paralysis
- They block transmission of nerve impulses
5. Which of these may be a side effect of taking anaesthetics?
- Cushingoid features
- Breathing shallow/rapid
- Increased kidney perfusion
- Increased blood pressure and cardiac output