1. True or false: thiazide diuretics increase Na+, Cl- & H2O excretion?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following are examples of adverse effects of thiazide diuretics?
- Hypertension, stroke & MI
- Hyperkalaemia, TIA & chostochondritis
- Weakness, impotence & postural hypotension
- Nausea, vomiting & baldness
3. True or false: thiazide diuretics may cause hypercholesterolaemia during the first six months of administration?
4. Loop diuretics are commonly used in treating which of the following conditions?
- Peripheral oedema, pulmonary oedema and congestive heart failure
- Peripheral oedema, angina pectoris and stroke
- Pulmonary oedema, hypertension and diabetes
- Pulmonary oedema, hypertension and hypokalaemia
5. Broadly speaking, how do thiazide diuretics act?
- Inhibit Na+/Cl- reuptake
- Actively promote Na+/Cl- reuptake
- Inhibit Na+/Cl- excretion
- Actively promote Na+/Cl- excretion