1. Which of the following best lists the therapeutic uses for thiazide diuretics?
- Congestive heart failure, hypotension, anaemia & oedema
- Mild heart failure, hypertension, anaemia & oedema
- Mild heart failure, hypertension, ascites & oedema
- Congestive heart failure, hypertension, appendicitis & oedema
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Hypokalaemia is a recognised adverse effect of thiazide diuretics. What can this cause?
- Cerebral haemorrhage
3. True or false: loop diuretics are effective in situations where renal function is diminished?
4. Broadly speaking, how do potassium-sparing diuretics work?
- Promote Na+ re-entry into the lumen
- Inhibit Na+ re-entry into the interstitium
- Inhibit Na+ re-entry into the lumen
- Promote Na+ re-entry into the interstitium
5. Loop diuretics are commonly used in treating which of the following conditions?
- Pulmonary oedema, hypertension and diabetes
- Pulmonary oedema, hypertension and hypokalaemia
- Peripheral oedema, pulmonary oedema and congestive heart failure
- Peripheral oedema, angina pectoris and stroke