1. True or false: loop diuretics are effective in situations where renal function is diminished?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Hyperuricaemia is a recognised adverse effect of thiazide diuretics. Why?
- Thiazides promot excess uric acid reabsorption
- Secretion of thiazides competes with uric acid secretion
- Thiazides blow up uric acid
- Thiazides prevent uric acid reabsorption
3. Which of the following best lists the therapeutic uses for thiazide diuretics?
- Mild heart failure, hypertension, anaemia & oedema
- Congestive heart failure, hypertension, appendicitis & oedema
- Mild heart failure, hypertension, ascites & oedema
- Congestive heart failure, hypotension, anaemia & oedema
4. Loop diuretics are commonly used in treating which of the following conditions?
- Peripheral oedema, pulmonary oedema and congestive heart failure
- Pulmonary oedema, hypertension and hypokalaemia
- Peripheral oedema, angina pectoris and stroke
- Pulmonary oedema, hypertension and diabetes
5. True or false: Spirinolactone's efficacy is enhanced in hyperaldosteronism?