1. Hyperuricaemia is a recognised adverse effect of thiazide diuretics. Why?
- Secretion of thiazides competes with uric acid secretion
- Thiazides prevent uric acid reabsorption
- Thiazides blow up uric acid
- Thiazides promot excess uric acid reabsorption
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following are examples of side effects of loop diuretics?
- Cushing's disease, polymyalgia rheumatica and rheumatoid arthritis
- Osteoporosis, hypokalaemia and deafness
- Hypertension, oedema and diabetes
- Pneumonia, tuberculosis and lung cancer
3. True or false: loop diuretics are effective in situations where renal function is diminished?
4. True or false: thiazide diuretics increase Na+, Cl- & H2O excretion?
5. True or false: thiazide diuretics may cause hypercholesterolaemia during the first six months of administration?