1. What does partially permeable membrane mean?
- A membrane which is very large
- A membrane that allows small particles pass through it
- A membrane which is very small
- A membrane that allows large particles pass through it
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do dissolved substances move into and out of cells?
- Through Meisos
- Through Diffusion
- Through Mitosis
- Through Respiration
3. When does diffusion happen?
- When particles are free to move
- When particles vibrate
- When particles have become less dense
- When particles lose charge
4. What factor does NOT affect the rate of diffusion?
- Distance particles have to travel
- Concentration gradient
5. What is the definition diffusion?
- The release of energy from glucose
- The net movement of molecules from a region of high concentration to a low concentration across a partially permeable membrane down a concentration gradient
- The net movement of molecules across a concentration gradient down a cell membrane
- The net movement of molecules from a region of low concentration to a high concentration across a partially permeable membrane down a concentration gradient