1. What year was Robertson and Robertson's study on John carried out?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of study was Hodges and Tizard's?
3. What method did Hodges and Tizard use in their study?
- They studied 65 children who had been placed in institutional care and hadn't had the chance to form close relationships with their caregivers. By the age of 4 some had returned to their birth mother (or had been adopted) whilst others stayed
- They studied 56 children who had been placed in institutional care and hadn't had a good upbringing. By the age of 4 some had been adopted but they had worse relationships than those who stayed in the institution
4. What did Hodges and Tizard conclude?
- Children can recover from privation if they are in a good quality, loving environment
- Children cannot recover from privation if they are in a good quality, loving family
5. What year did Hodges and Tizard's study of institutionalised children start?
Similar Psychology resources: