1. Chewing food in the mouth is a form of physical digestion. What is the other form?
- The conversion of starch into maltose and then glucose
- Water and minerals being absorbed into the blood by the large intestine
- Squeezing food in the stomach
- The liver making bile
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the benefits of a good blood supply in the small intestine?
- Less bile is released
- It allows good absorption of digested food into the blood.
- Less water is lost
- Food can be digested quicker
3. What is the word for breaking fat into smaller droplets?
4. Where is bile stored?
- In the gall bladder
- In the liver
- In the small intestine
- In the pancreas
5. What is the function of the small intestine?
- Where food is chewed
- Where the food is churned and protease enzymes digest food
- Where digested food is absorbed into the blood
- Where enzymes are secreted