1. Chewing food in the mouth is a form of physical digestion. What is the other form?
- The conversion of starch into maltose and then glucose
- Water and minerals being absorbed into the blood by the large intestine
- Squeezing food in the stomach
- The liver making bile
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the word for breaking fat into smaller droplets?
3. What are the benefits of a good blood supply in the small intestine?
- Less water is lost
- It allows good absorption of digested food into the blood.
- Food can be digested quicker
- Less bile is released
4. Why does the small intestine have a large surface area?
- Its lining is folded and it contains enzymes
- Its lining is unfolded and it contains enzymes
- Its lining is folded and it contains villi which contain microvilli
- Its lining is unfolded and it contains villi which contain microvilli
5. Where does the protease enzyme break down proteins?
- Large intestine
- Small intestine
- Stomach and small intestine
- Mouth and small intestine