1. Why does the small intestine have a large surface area?
- Its lining is unfolded and it contains enzymes
- Its lining is unfolded and it contains villi which contain microvilli
- Its lining is folded and it contains villi which contain microvilli
- Its lining is folded and it contains enzymes
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What enzyme breaks down carbohyrates?
3. What is an enzyme?
- A microorganism
- A biological catalyst
- Something which is changed during a reaction
4. Chewing food in the mouth is a form of physical digestion. What is the other form?
- Water and minerals being absorbed into the blood by the large intestine
- Squeezing food in the stomach
- The conversion of starch into maltose and then glucose
- The liver making bile
5. Where do the products of digestion diffuse into from the small intestine?
- White blood cells
- Blood plasma or lymph
- Large intestine