1. Where is bile stored?
- In the small intestine
- In the pancreas
- In the gall bladder
- In the liver
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an enzyme?
- A microorganism
- A biological catalyst
- Something which is changed during a reaction
3. What enzyme breaks down carbohyrates?
4. Chewing food in the mouth is a form of physical digestion. What is the other form?
- Water and minerals being absorbed into the blood by the large intestine
- The liver making bile
- Squeezing food in the stomach
- The conversion of starch into maltose and then glucose
5. What is the pH of bile? Why is this good for the enzymes?
- Alkaline- helps the mouth chew more food
- Alkaline- neutralises acid to make the conditions right for enzymes
- Acid- helps to contribute to the low pH in the stomach
- Acid- gives enzyme a greater surface area to work on