1. Where do the products of digestion diffuse into from the small intestine?
- Blood plasma or lymph
- Large intestine
- White blood cells
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the pH of bile? Why is this good for the enzymes?
- Alkaline- helps the mouth chew more food
- Acid- gives enzyme a greater surface area to work on
- Alkaline- neutralises acid to make the conditions right for enzymes
- Acid- helps to contribute to the low pH in the stomach
3. Chewing food in the mouth is a form of physical digestion. What is the other form?
- The conversion of starch into maltose and then glucose
- Water and minerals being absorbed into the blood by the large intestine
- Squeezing food in the stomach
- The liver making bile
4. What is the optimum pH of the protease enzyme?
- pH 7
- pH 10
- pH 5-6
5. What enzyme breaks down carbohyrates?