1. Why does the small intestine have a large surface area?
- Its lining is folded and it contains villi which contain microvilli
- Its lining is unfolded and it contains villi which contain microvilli
- Its lining is folded and it contains enzymes
- Its lining is unfolded and it contains enzymes
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the lipase enzyme break fats into?
- Amino acids
- Fatty acids and glycerol
3. What is the optimum pH of the protease enzyme?
- pH 10
- pH 5-6
- pH 7
4. What is the function of the liver?
- To make bile
- To absorb water and minerals into the blood
- To store bile
- To add enzymes
5. What is the function of the small intestine?
- Where the food is churned and protease enzymes digest food
- Where digested food is absorbed into the blood
- Where food is chewed
- Where enzymes are secreted